Default tab is set to 'Suggestions' on Roku

dcruff

dcruff

I haven't been able to find any way for Emby to fix this problem inside of Emby, which is - 'Suggestions' is the 'default tab' under movies as well as under 'Series' while using a Roku  @ebr

That causes a major problem for new users who can't seem to figure out how to navigate in order to find the media that they want to watch.  They don't notice the tabs (which are highlighting 'Suggestions') at the top and don't see that they are in a screen, which will only show 'Continue Watching', 'Latest', and maybe other things before they scroll down to actually see the 'Suggestions' which isn't what they wanted to see anyways.  They don't realize that they need to navigate to the tabs up top to switch to the 'Movies' tab, which is where they thought they would be when they selected 'Movies' from the Home Screen.
I really wish that I could just delete the 'Suggestions' tab altogether, primarily so that it can't come up as the default tab, but also because I have never seen any personal value in it.

After much research, I finally realized that Roku is the culprit in selecting the 'Default Tab' and that Roku needs to be told to change the 'Default Tab'.

Now, I've had to look up in my Active Clients list to see who is using a Roku and send them instructions on how to change the Default Tab in Movies, Series, Music Concerts, Exercise, Kids' Shows, etc. in order to have a much more enjoyable and intuitive experience while using Emby on their Roku.

For those of you who may have found yourself in my situation with your friends and family, here are the instructions that I sent out to them (again, I'd love a solution inside Emby that didn't involve re-configuring Roku):

Instructions for fixing Default Tabs on Emby using a Roku
(This is only for those using a Roku on Emby)

• Open up Emby and select 'Movies'
  • At the very top of the screen there will be tabs across the top of the screen. The default tab is the one that is highlighted. If you have not done this fix, then 'Suggestions' (the second tab) will be highlighted. If 'Movies' are highlighted, you don't need this fix.
  • Press the asterisk '*' on your Roku remote and choose the 'Set Default Tab' option
  • Make sure to select 'Movie' as the Default Tab
  • Now, go back to the 'Home' screen on Emby and select 'Series'
  • At the very top of the screen you will see that the default tab is on 'Suggestions', which is the second tab
  • As we did in the previous case, press the asterisk '*' on your Roku remote and choose the 'Set Default Tab' option
  • Select 'Shows' as the Default Tab
  • Do the same for Music Concerts and select 'Videos' as the Default Tab
  • Do the same Exercise/Yoga and select 'Shows' as the Default Tab
  • Like 1