Emby Connect

BroserBros
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

BroserBros

Does anyone understand what Emby Connect does? I take it from the beginning, log in to the Emby APP, go to https://app.emby.media/#!/startup/selectserver.html , add a server and log in to the server. Then I enter the code I received from the TV into https://emby.media/pin.html and there is no server in the results.

Screenshot_1706955087.thumb.png.7805440f7ccd8738b9e00dbaff76f9a6.png

The strange thing is that even if I access app.emby.media from a different browser, these servers do not appear. What's the logic behind this and I don't understand why a built-in Quick Connect like Jellyfin isn't used? It's actually available everywhere as open source and it's very simple to do.

Edited by BroserBros
Added image

Hi.  That is not how Emby Connect works.  To use Emby Connect, you need to associate your Connect (this forum) account email address with a local user on your server.  Then that server will be available when you login using the PIN.

Emby Connect

BroserBros
On 2/3/2024 at 5:27 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  That is not how Emby Connect works.  To use Emby Connect, you need to associate your Connect (this forum) account email address with a local user on your server.  Then that server will be available when you login using the PIN.

Emby Connect

Is it possible to do this without an admin account?

Actually, what makes sense is as I wrote on the topic, right? I log in to my Emby Connect account from my computer, add a server and enter my password. Now this server is registered in my Emby Connect account and I shouldn't need to enter a password or IP when I log in from any device.

Edited by BroserBros

• Solution
3 hours ago, BroserBros said:

Is it possible to do this without an admin account?

No, as the connection is applied at the user settings page in the server.

3 hours ago, BroserBros said:

I log in to my Emby Connect account from my computer, add a server and enter my password. 

This is not how it works.  The "connection" to Emby Connect is done at the user configuration level in the server.  You cannot do this as a user of someone else's server.  They have to invite you.

• 1 month later...
Tester
On 2/3/2024 at 8:27 AM, ebr said:

Emby Connect

I read the guide and still not sure how to -> you need to associate your Connect account email address with the local user on the server.
I used to have Emby Connect working without issue up until the big network change couple years back ? (dont ask, I cant remember), and since I had to manually enter my IP to Add A Server to Emby connect.  However, last week I was updated to a new IP by Comcrap and I am now remote and unable to log into my Emby Server since I do not know the IP.
I have always known that I am missing something but because the IP was static and known, I just dealt with it... until now.

Edited by Tester
  • Thanks 1

Tester

Disregard, now I see it in the screenshot

Edited by Tester
  • Thanks 1