Recently Released Movies on Android TV

aroex

aroex

The Recently Released Movies section isn’t showing up on the Android TV (NVIDIA Shield Pro) after updating everything to 4.8.

I tried reinstalling the app and rebooting the server but it’s still not working.

when I go to edit the home screen in the app, it doesn’t list it as an option and the shows My Media in place of it.

aroex

I sideloaded it and it’s pretty good.

Will I need to update it manually moving forward or will it update automatically?

Also, is there a way to skip to the next episode during playback? On the Android TV app, you can press down and then the next button to skip the credits. I don’t see that option in the Android app.

seanbuff
36 minutes ago, aroex said:

Also, is there a way to skip to the next episode during playback? On the Android TV app, you can press down and then the next button to skip the credits. I don’t see that option in the Android app.

Yes, you need to unhide transport controls in your App Settings under 'Playback'

image.png.197bc1c4deeb315ca7ad8f61675eb8e0.png

Change that option to 'No'

40 minutes ago, aroex said:

Will I need to update it manually moving forward or will it update automatically?

For the time being, standard Android app is not in the Play Store, therefore updates are via manual sideload until it is.

• Like 1

Actually it will be in the play store in the coming days!

• Like 3

dbratt87

Is this coming to the NVIDIA shield app? or will I need to switch to the standard android one to have this feature 

6 minutes ago, dbratt87 said:

Is this coming to the NVIDIA shield app? or will I need to switch to the standard android one to have this feature 

Have you tried the standard app on the Shield?

dbratt87
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Have you tried the standard app on the Shield?

Yeah it works fine there just not the shield one so just wondering if it’s worth switching to that version completely  if some things work better etc

Edited by dbratt87

2 minutes ago, dbratt87 said:

Yeah it works fine there just not the shield one so just wondering if it’s worth switching to that version completely  if some things work better etc

Please try it and see what you think.

CBers
On 03/02/2024 at 02:17, aroex said:

Recently Released Movies

Hope to see it in the ATV app soon though, if it's not there currently.

Latest Media needs to be split out into it's constituent parts, other wise having Latest Media with Recently Released Movies duplicates the movies row and they look different.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I much prefer the Recently Released vs the Latest Movies, but I wish there was an option to hide the watched ones.  Right now it just places the watched flag on top.

dbratt87
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Please try it and see what you think.

Looks and feels better but missing stuff like audio passthrough.. making it pretty useless for most of us using the shield. Feels like the shield (android-tv) version has been neglected though. from development.

Edited by dbratt87

FrostByte
50 minutes ago, dbratt87 said:

Looks and feels better but missing stuff like audio passthrough.. making it pretty useless for most of us using the shield. Feels like the shield (android-tv) version has been neglected though. from development.

The other app does passthrough automatically.  It doesn't need an option.

You may be mistaking what that option in ATV is really for.  It's really for disabling passthrough for people who hook their Shield up to something that doesn't support all their audio files and they don't want the Shield itself to convert the audio to PCM 2.0.  Turning OFF passthrough then allows the server to convert it to AC3 5.1.

What the standard app is missing is an option to "disable passthrough".  Which probably isn't what most people need.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dbratt87 said:

Hi, why do you think it's missing audio passthrough?

aroex

I’m enjoying recently released movies and sort by release date.

The skip intro and auto skip credits will sometimes lag or not show up/process (the chapters are there).

Double pressing the home button on the Shield remote minimizes the screen during playback. I think it’s a PIP setting I need to adjust.

If I watch a bunch of episodes in a row, press back to go to the episode info screen, and press back one more time, it’ll go to the previous episode’s info screen. I have to go back through all of the episode info screens to get to the home screen. Sometimes pressing back will crash the app.

Thank you for the updates though. Just wanted to provide some feedback.

• Thanks 1

aroex

One other thing I recently noticed: the “are you still watching” feature isn’t working on the Android app on the Shield. It’ll keep playing all night.

When the auto-skip credits lags and doesn’t process immediately, the “are you still watching” box pops up. It used to pop up at the start of the next episode instead of the end of the current episode in the Android TV app.

Perhaps this is why it’s a bit buggy when transitioning to the next episode?