Password Required on local network every time

zootropolis

zootropolis

I just noticed today that when I try to change to a different user in the LG TV app, I'm getting prompted to enter the user's password. Prior to today, I was able to change users on the LG TV app without being prompted for a password. I have Server version 4.8.0.80 and LG app version 1.0.39. 

The Remember Me box is checked, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I can get into the user's account if I enter the password, but when I change user after that, I get prompted for the password all over again.

I also have a "guest" account which I don't think has a password on it - that one can get into the app without a prompt. But the other two regular user accounts have passwords because they are also used remotely at times. 

I've tried deleting my local server from the app and reconnecting. I also looked at my user accounts on the server in the web interface, but I am no longer seeing the option for not requiring the password when on the local network in the user account settings. Didn't that used to be a thing? Has that been removed?

dkmouk

Same Problem for me with 4.8.0.80
All users are forced to enter their password on local network.

Can this be fixed again?

Hi, the next update to the Emby LG app will be brought up to speed with 4.8 features and will support both multi-user login as well as the new profile pin feature of 4.8.

It is currently in LG review so hopefully it will be available to you within the next week or two. Thanks.

• Like 3

Kocane

What does this have to do with the LG app? Experiencing the same in android tv and the option to choose what to do with local users (require pw or not, etc) is gone.

10 minutes ago, Kocane said:

What does this have to do with the LG app? Experiencing the same in android tv and the option to choose what to do with local users (require pw or not, etc) is gone.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Kocane

I may've been a bit fast here. Seemingly it only asked for password after first launch since upgrading to lastest versions but not afterwards it works just as before. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

Emby for LG 1.0.41 has been released and now supports the new profile pin feature !