After 4.8.0.80 update, now have extra malfunctioning buttons

Gregbuffgmail

Gregbuffgmail

Hi,

I upgraded to 4.8.0.80 today. I am using Windows 10 and the Firefox and Chome web apps.  I am now seeing extra channel buttons at the end of my button list. They icons are generic, but have names of other, working buttons.

image.png.a1a07185fb08ccd63ffe32187d475b5c.png

image.thumb.png.4c64605bd9b12d75979c994f8f337f83.png

When clicking on any of these buttons, I get the Live TV Channel guide.

image.thumb.png.a010dae1e75199e452d8d1766540b4f8.png

I am seeing this behavior in other user profiles on my server.  I am also seeing this on Android.

I have rebooted the server several times and the buttons remain. I have, so far, been unable to remove these extra buttons.

Any assistance that you can provide would be appreciated.

Edited by Gregbuffgmail
removed redundant pic

latenighter

I can confirm all the same symptoms as Gregbuffgmail after I performed the upgrade to 4.8.0.80 today.  Running Emby Server on an up-to-date Windows 10 installation and accessing the web interface on the server machine using Firefox and via Android with a remote connection (turned off WiFi on a smartphone).

One possible extra symptom - one of the extra channel buttons is named "Playlists" (and routes to Live TV when used) but none of the family users I've been able to check have a Playlists channel defined to be included on their home screen settings.  This is a potential divergence from Gregbuffgmail's experience where he indicated all the names allocated to the extra channel buttons were from working buttons.

If further screenshots are required, or that it is better to have this reported under the Windows/General category for Server issues, please advise.

latenighter

A bit of an update.

The 4 extra channels follow "Live TV".  I've discovered I can at least remove the Playlists channel button from the home screen as there is a user-specific App Setting for it which seemed to be set "on" following the update and I have now set "off".  The same settings screen also shows that the extra buttons have 2 out of 3 invalid default screen options for their names (the full list is Suggestions, Guide, Channels for each) and all seem to have defaulted to "Guide" - hence the original observation.  This is illustrated by the attached screenshot (Home Screen.jpg).

HomeScreen.thumb.JPG.1c50d5625feb5614e9a58b8d6bf085cb.JPG

Also, for the sampled user, the Playlists library is explicitly blocked for access in the Access server settings for the user but it still appears in the Library Order list for the user's home screen (screenshot Home Screen 2.jpg).  Hopefully this isn't indicative of wider security setting issues.

HomeScreen2.JPG.ca3d8c92a1637c6d47b5f878424db4bb.JPG

HI, the extra live tv sections will be resolved in a 4.8.1 release that we'll be pushing out soon. Thanks.

latenighter
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, the extra live tv sections will be resolved in a 4.8.1 release that we'll be pushing out soon. Thanks.

Many thanks, Luke.

• Thanks 1

Gregbuffgmail

Confirmed. I updates to 4.8.1.0 today and have verified that the buttons are gone. Thank you very much for addressing this so quickly.

• Thanks 1

latenighter

Hi Luke,

I've seen the new 4.8.1 release drop and have now successfully installed it.  On restarting the server the extra channel buttons were still there but (I assume) a background process cleared them after a few minutes.  Many thanks again.

• Thanks 1