"Support extras for seasons and episodes" - how does this work?

rexerm
Go to solution Solved by HKEmby,

rexerm

Previously, any extras for TV shows had to be thrown into the "Specials" folder, mixed with actual storyline specials.  I'm assuming from this line in the 4.8.0.80 notes that extras for TV shows can now act as they do with movies.  Does that mean creating "featurettes" and "deleted scenes" folders within TV show season folders, or something else? The KB does not appear to be up-to-date with this....

2 minutes ago, HKEmby said:

I tried using "Featurettes" folder in a TV show and it is not working for me.

Hi there, what exactly are you doing, and what exactly makes you think that it's not working?

• Agree 1

• Solution
HKEmby
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what exactly are you doing, and what exactly makes you think that it's not working?

Apologies, I went back (I had setup a bit ago) and checked...seems to be working. I must not have waited long enough because the specials I had showed up right aware but the Extras I had in the "Featurettes" folder just took longer.
To answer Rexerm, putting files in the "Featurettes" should work for you, they'll show up along side the "Specials" (aka the S00Exx files), but don't need to follow the specials formatting that you'd expect for TheTVDB.

Edited by HKEmby

• 2 weeks later...
csa4140

Is there a reference on how to name "specials" for the episode and naming for "season specials"?  For example:

Season 1 Episode 1- Deleted Scenes, Commentaries (for this episode)

Season 1-Gag Reel

tedfroop21

Yes the guide is here..

You are looking for the section titled specials.

A word of advice (been there done that) is to use reverse lookup.....IE lookup your specials on the meta data site to find the correct episode tag.  

There are occasionally episodes or "specials" that are listed as multiple different things.  An example is the Futurama Movies - Benders Big Score and others that are listed as: Movies,  Series episodes, and specials, on TheTVDB,  so its your choice how to label them.