Split recording from same Channel in equal parts based on minutes

wtploiqbn

wtploiqbn

It'd be amazing 🙌 if Emby has a feature like this one:

setup a recording and:

• specify the number of equal minutes that the recording will be split in
  • the names of the filenames .ts equal parts (or be given an increasing number) (Optional)

ex: lets say I want to record a video from 09:00 AM - 12:0 PM, from the same Channel in 30 minutes equal parts, check screenshot.

• I'd select 09:00 and 12:00 as start and end time
  • have an option called "Split recording every [ n ] minutes" and replace [ n ] with "30" for instance
  • have an option for "Part names" to give the filenames a name at the end

My recordings will be as follows:

• first recording started from 09:00 - 09:30 AM, filename will be "Recording 02 Feb 2024 - part 1.ts"
  • 2nd recording started from 09:31 - 10:00 AM (or 09:30 - 10:00 AM), filename will be "Recording 02 Feb 2024 - part 1.ts"
  • etc

Note 1: I've m mentioned 09:31 AM instead of 09:30 AM bcz in some cases I've noticed some channels on my end end up not working well if i don't leave a 1 min break in between

Note 2: if the time stamps are not equal, i.e. 09:00 AM - 11:45 AM, then the same equal splitting happens from  beginning until end but the last part won't be 30 minutes instead it will be less and that's totally fine.

Currently I am doing this manually and I think there would be other Emby users that could use this feature : )

Thank you!

emby.png

• Agree 1

wtploiqbn
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Why?

Hi ebr

the main reason is to split a large recording in smaller ones either due to IPTV issues, or low resources on the PC.

In my case, I've found it that on some channels if I leave Emby recording for 1hr+, sometimes the channels might stop or disconnect (which is an IPTV issue not Emby one), but when I scheduled the recording to different smaller pats of 30 mins, it recorded them flawlessly and never had an issue.

If the channels connection goes down and it's set for 1hr+, I ended up losing it as Emby wouldn''t restart the recording -- thus my solution to split them in smaller ones.

Just to clarify on this feature request, this is only for Scheduled recordings, not for an existent one.

I am currently doing this manually, splitting the recordings per each part and manually changing the time stamps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Nonnos

I agree that this may be useful, although automatic resume of recording would also solve the problem (that i also experienced) with premature end of recording.

This feature would also be nice since e.g hockey games can be split in period 1,2,3. The playback works better on recordings since seeking not working on ongoing recordings (iphone/ipad).

On 4/6/2024 at 4:53 PM, Nonnos said:

I agree that this may be useful, although automatic resume of recording would also solve the problem (that i also experienced) with premature end of recording.

This feature would also be nice since e.g hockey games can be split in period 1,2,3. The playback works better on recordings since seeking not working on ongoing recordings (iphone/ipad).

HI, just FYI there is automatic retry after errors during the recording process.