Overview or Description for Folders

Doofus4283

Doofus4283
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a/AAcHTteYyjJ7f7VtNRIXwUoTEXMhR7p798ot70HVblsTScynOr8=s96-c

how can i add an overview to a folder?  i have a share folder and it's content type is set to movies and it has sub folders in it..."Wrestling Events" I would like to add text or a table to the top so it can inform the user on the content of the folder they just entered. I understand i could arrange the content by year and provide a general sequence but something like the general screen used at the front of a collection would be great in folders....

Hi, what is that url, can you please attach it to this forum posting?

The reason the metadata editor doesn't expose the overview for folders for editing, is because it's not displayed anywhere.

Doofus4283

The url links to my profile picture. I connected through Google and that is what happened; disregard.

That is what i am inquiring about...

I am asking if it is possible now, or suggesting a function be added, whereby when a user enters a folder, that folder COULD have an overview and images (metadata) displayed, in the same way as a collection. I am suggesting the place I would like the overview to appear so I am at a loss with the given answer...

Why do folders not display meta data if they could contain a series that justifies it?

Wrestling events are difficult to pin to one folder type due to varying format of the programs and their titles, so this would help when entering the folder with programs that have wildly different names but are actually part of a series..."Here's a list in the description for program order..."...except for some reason, folders do not display meta data? but isn't that what i am doing with a collection?

Would be simple to just make a collection of the proper program sequence for the user but then that Collection would be accessed through the Collections menu, yes? But that would not help the user that navigated via the Wrestling Events menu / folders as opposed to the Collections menu / folders.

Just need to add a description to a folder that say the program lineup and have it show when the user enters the folder, just like most everything else on Emby...

I am asking if it is possible now, or suggesting a function be added, whereby when a user enters a folder, that folder COULD have an overview and images (metadata) displayed, in the same way as a collection. I am suggesting the place I would like the overview to appear so I am at a loss with the given answer...

Essentially this would change the whole layout of the list browsing screen, so that would have to be figured out.

This is all doable, it's just not something that has come up before.