Localhost refused connection

bitemeoftn
Go to solution Solved by bitemeoftn,

bitemeoftn

I can't get my server to load at all suddenly. Went from perfect for the last year or so to localhost refused connection. I've tried restarting the PC, running Emby as admin, and have even completely reinstalled to no avail. Fortunately, I have a backup media player in Plex but I like to use Emby for my IPTV. I'm not sure where to go from here. No special configuration was done when making the server and nothing has changed. It just doesn't want to work now.

Hello bitemeoftn,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

user29

I am getting this to (I suspect it has upgraded) - i have tried a reinstall - no avail

Emby starts (in the tray) but nothign (apps) connects and it just times out

Will wait for advice

bitemeoftn

Doesn't seem we're going to be getting too much advice anytime soon. Curious to know how widespread this is. And if it's a fair amount of us why some sort of communication hasn't gone out.

user29

lers give them 24 hours - seems fair! - my install is fairly basic - nothing else on it etc 

bitemeoftn

Same. I literally installed the server, pointed to a couple of folders, and added in my IPTV URLs. Everything is just stock but even completely uninstalling and reinstalling isn't fixing it at this point. It's worked for the last few months and just decided to crap today.

user29

99% sure its installed the new update in the background (as mine had restarted with a new version number) 

Hi.  Please try removing any 3rd party plugin dlls from your plugins folder and see if that corrects it.

user29

THankyou! I renamed the current plugins to old - and deleted them all - so plugins had nothing in it - still the same.

kbijvank

Did you check the Windows Firewall and your AV software? I've red somewhere that Emby can get flagged sometimes for some reason.

bitemeoftn

Nothing has changed. I've literally installed Emby, pointed to folders for media, put in my IPTV URL's and started watching. Today it randomly decided that it no longer needs to work. However, Plex is just fine and chugging away normally. I hate to make the comparison but it's the best I've got at the moment.

user29
10 minutes ago, kbijvank said:

Did you check the Windows Firewall and your AV software? I've red somewhere that Emby can get flagged sometimes for some reason.

yes that is all good. I.e i turned it off and same error)

NakedPirate

Same here!

After 4 or 5 restarts it seems to be working now...I had to kill the emby process a few times, didn't start once at all....
PC/emby still pottering around and doing funny things in the background, but everthing seems back at normal.
lh:8096 now works relatively fast again. I guess, server still did some sort of update and didn't load on slow systems or maybe DB update?

Edited by NakedPirate

snoopy89

I got the same error after update. Logs show: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed
Everything was working yesterday, I suspect the issue is related to the update. I tried recovering the database but the recover misses information although the SQL error is fixed. 

• Solution
bitemeoftn

I figured it out everyone!

All you have to do is completely nuke the entire installation that you built and re-install and set it all back up again and it's all good! I'm sure the sarcasm isn't coming through as strongly as I'd like since this is text (and I'm very fortunate since I had a pretty basic setup). Hopefully someone else finds a better solution but this works for now. 

Smashpen

I suspect anyone without a membership causes an error and this kills the upgrade, closing the web socket and nulling it out.  Then it keeps retrying.

apiclient.js?v=4.8.0.80:1 WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:8096/embywebsocket?api_key=e####&deviceId=3#####' failed: 

My guess is the QA for the upgrade was only run on member active workstation.  It's possible the upgrade will fail for anyone without a license.

4.8 upgrad console log for non member server fails.jpg

Edited by Smashpen

8 hours ago, bitemeoftn said:

I can't get my server to load at all suddenly. Went from perfect for the last year or so to localhost refused connection. I've tried restarting the PC, running Emby as admin, and have even completely reinstalled to no avail. Fortunately, I have a backup media player in Plex but I like to use Emby for my IPTV. I'm not sure where to go from here. No special configuration was done when making the server and nothing has changed. It just doesn't want to work now.

Is any Emby Server log file generated?

Emby Server Data Folder

5 hours ago, user29 said:

I am getting this to (I suspect it has upgraded) - i have tried a reinstall - no avail

Emby starts (in the tray) but nothign (apps) connects and it just times out

Will wait for advice

@user29in your case, you have something unique going on...copies of your plugin dll files prefixed with a 1:

Please go to this folder, delete all files starting with a 1, and I think that will get you back up and running. Then for future reference, try to avoid tampering with the server data folders.

2024-02-03 00:21:51.180 Info App: Loading Emby.Dlna, Version=1.3.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\1Emby.Dlna.dll

bitemeoftn
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is any Emby Server log file generated?

Emby Server Data Folder

I completely nuked the entire installation and rebuilt. Not how I wanted to fix it but it's working anyway.

• Thanks 1