Any way to use 4.7 & 4.8 on the same machine?

Cluttered

Cluttered

Is it possible to set it up so that my live server is 4.7 but I can test 4.8 on the same media files on the same machine? 

I wondered about docker but haven't used that, or if there is some way for it to use a test path for 4.8 and the '/Users/Mark/.config/' location, maybe an environment variable or something? That way 4.7 could use '/Users/Mark/.config/emby-server' and 4.8 could use '/Users/Mark/.config/emby-server-test' or similar.

I did try 4.8 but my Live TV had issues, if I played live content then it always stopped after a couple of minutes and all my schedules seemed to be broken.

I have a number of series set to record 'new content' and 'not to record if it's already in my library'. Under 4.8 it seemed to just record everything, I downgraded back to 4.7 and all the extra schedules vanish and it is back to normal - I can also play Live TV properly. 

I expected smartplaylists not to work on 4.8 I thought there was a new built-in version, not sure if that is the case I didn't keep 4.8 long enough to really investigate it as the TV schedules are important for me.

• 1 month later...
Cluttered

Just looked at the latest version of 4.8 and it still doesn't work for me.

The only thing I looked at (before rolling back to 4.7) was the live tv schedules. On 4.7 it's fine, on 4.8 numerous series are scheduled to record despite their content being in my library. For example 'Young Sheldon', I own them all, yet the schedule shows series 3 set to record. There are others Sister Boniface, Below Deck are two I noticed.

As Live TV is important to me then it wasn't worth investigating anything else. 😞 

The screenshots show the actual schedule setup (don't record if it's in my library), then the 4.7 schedule (nothing set to record), the 4.8 schedule (all set to record), then the overview for 'Young Sheldon' (everything there), and the list of episodes for season 3 (all there, episode 3 is there, marked as watched and yet in the 4.8 schedule set to be recorded).

Running on an iMac under Monterey with 12.7.4 and all the latest updates for it.

I have the emby server log file, haven't included that in case there is any data in it I shouldn't share.

0YS setup.png

4.7 schedule.png

4.8 schedule.png

YS Season 3.png

YS Series view.png

Cluttered

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me here? 

Do you mean that you have just updated to 4.8 and it is now broken too?

My recording folders haven't changed neither has anything else.

You mention episodes recording that you already have, so I linked you to an existing topic related to that.