Chapter Image Extraction - New Build - No images created

Pancho
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello!

I have been using MB3 server since its inception and have had zero issues to date.   I recently (about a month ago) rebuilt my computer (Windows 8.1 Upd1) and installed Mediabrowser 3 server (Now at version 3.0.5416.0) on the machine (runs as an application in the taskbar - I am NOT running it as a service).     99% of my data resides on my NAS UnRAID 5.06 server  (upgraded from version 4.7 about 2 weeks ago as well).    I recently noticed that the Chapter Image Extraction task is running, but not generating any images.

My original thought is that this problem may be related to permissions (all shares set to PRIVATE - my account has READ/WRITE access) on my recently upgraded UnRAID 5.06 software, but the image extraction doesn't work on local folders (ex. E:\STAGING) either.    This image extraction process worked flawlessly prior to my rebuild & also when my UnRAID NAS was on version 4.7

I have no problems adding new MKV files to the NAS, and MB3 Server adds them to the library without a hiccup (it also writes the various metadata to the NAS such as clearart, disc, logo.png, etc.).    I have disabled the firewalls, anti-virus, looked at the logs, with no luck.   I am just stumped at what could be causing this to fail.

I have attached the various logs.  Any suggestions on what could be the issue here?

Thanks.

Pancho

Pancho - MB3 Server Logs.zip

• 3 weeks later...

No responses, so as a test I rebuilt my machine today, fresh install of Mediabrowser server Version 3.0.5424 and the exact same issue as before where the process runs for like 5 seconds and no chapter images are created.   I am completely stumped on why this will not work.    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Pancho

• Solution

Doesn't look like permissions as there are no errors.  It just looks like the task thinks there isn't anything to do.  Make sure you have enabled chapter extraction for the appropriate items.

EBR..

I didn't realize that I had to manually check which items should generate a chapter (Metadata/Advanced/Chapters).    Once checked, this worked perfectly last night.    Thanks for the help and all the excellent work on MB3.

Pancho