How long do you have to watch before Are You Still Watching to appear

denz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

denz

My family likes to leave the live tv on all the time so have enabled that setting to hopefully stop live tv but doesn't seem like it is doing anything. 

Scott D

Things may have changed with the new server version just being released, but in the past I have found it will pop up on the start of the third program.  Example:

This is all based on the guide information for live tv.  Programs start on the hour and last for 1 hour each.  If you start watching at 11:55 you have triggered the first episode count.  At 12:00 when the next show starts, your count goes to the second episode.  At 1:00 the third show starts and the pop-up would appear.

or

This is all based on the guide information for live tv.  Programs start on the hour and half hour and last for 30min each.  If you start watching at 11:55 you have triggered the first episode.  At 12:00 when the next show starts, your count goes to the second episode.  At 12:30 the third show starts and the pop-up would appear.

If shows are of a longer duration, the timing will be longer.  So, from what I have experienced the actual time could go from fairly quick to quite long.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

denz

Thank you for that information I will test that out knowing how it works.

• Solution

It's a few hours of idle time. Idle being the most important factor. Any move of the mouse or press of a button and you're no longer idle, therefore no need to ask you the question.

denz

Thank you both it is working now didn't realise the mouse was on. I realised that I had the mouse plugged in after I unplugged it stopped playing after certain time. Tried it again and again it  stopped so it's working as designed. 

• Thanks 1