Embuary Skin no longer compatible with Kodi Omega past beta 2!

Mahinepua

Mahinepua

Does anyone have a workaround for Embuary incompatibility with the new skin requirements of Omega?

Foolishly installed the latest nightly here and time to roll back!

FrostByte

Yes, all you need to do is edit the addons.xml file a bit in the Embuary skin folder.  Toward the top change 5.15 to 5.17 to look like the line below.

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>

This will fool Kodi into thinking the skin was compiled for the new gui version.

Do this before upgrading to a nightly.  Otherwise, the upgrade will automatically remove the skin as being incompatible.

Or, update the zip file before installing the skin if still on the nightly.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
djon

Where can I get the skin zip file? I'm already on Omega RC1 as a fresh install. 

Mahinepua
Posted (edited)

Repos on first page.

Edited by Mahinepua

djon

I can't find it under the repo / skins within Kodi. Is it because it's not supported in Omega/Kodi 21?

Mahinepua

It is there and supported. It works OK but doesn’t come close to the Theater app and not all my Emby libraries were available. Unless you have specific Kodi apps you want to run I’d stick to Theater.

djon

There's no skins folder under the repo in Omega RC1. Probably because of the addons.xml. Can't I download the skin zip file directly somewhere so I can edit the addons.xml file myself and install the skin? 

• 3 weeks later...
exodus123456
On 3/17/2024 at 4:20 PM, djon said:

Yeah found it earlier, and that worked. 

Were you able to get the .zip of the skin? I was browsing the repo link the user @Mahinepua provided earlier, but I haven't been able to get just the zip of the skin in order to edit the xml

• 2 weeks later...