How to hide new sidebar

luser
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

arrbee99
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, you're in full control of the sidebar. Just click the icon in the upper right and you can change it from large to small to hidden as desired.

And yet this morning I have to click on it 3 times in Firefox to get rid of it, just like I have to everyday. Every single day.

3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

And yet this morning I have to click on it 3 times in Firefox to get rid of it, just like I have to everyday. Every single day.

That could be due to clearing browsing data.

arrbee99
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

That could be due to clearing browsing data.

Yes it is. I imagine setting the sidebar to hidden could be retained by saving a setting somewhere, as could not having to reset my dashboard colour to dark (from light) every single day as well.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Its just a habit. And I don't like being spied on. How much difference it makes, no idea, but I like to think it helps.

cochize1

I can't understand one thing, since there are advanced options i.e. in setting up your library why there can't be such option with settings? If you have data indicating 70% of your users take Emby as is and are happy with it, why not give an option to the rest to temper with it a little. Because right now we DO modify the files with every update and look for an answer online on how and where to do it to tweak it to our liking.

• Like 1

luser

Lol. This is how this discussion always goes.
People ask "why would you clear localStorage?" and suggest to exclude Emby.

The majority of people here don't even understand the ask. So maybe a different argument would work better; having the same settings on multiple devices.
Currently you need to set each device up separately. But what if I change the view of 45 different libraries to table -- now I have to do that on each device. Ah crap! My browser cleared localStorage -- Now I have to do that all again. Wait, I don't even remember all the settings I changed. Wouldn't it be sweet to have a config file, or something persistent, for all this?

Edited by luser
  • Like 1