1 minute recording on 4.8.0.80

roaku

roaku

After upgrading to stable 4.8 today from beta 4.8.0.76, I experienced one successful 30 minute recording, followed by a scheduled 60 minute recording failing after 1 minute.

The failed recording immediately followed the successful one, and I do run a post processing script that uses ffmpeg to convert to mkv (and run comskip). It hasn't been an issue up until now, but I've included the script since there's an error in the log implying ffmpeg is busy.

#!/bin/bash
if [[ "$1" == *".ts"* ]]; then
  unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  outfile=${1//.ts/.mkv}
  ffmpeg="/usr/bin/ffmpeg"
  comskip="/usr/bin/comskip"
  csini="/home/odroid/emby_scripts/comskipper.ini"

#  sub=''
  copy="true"

audio_codec="aac -ac 2 -ab 192000"

#  if [[ "$outfile" == *"$sub"* ]]; then
#    copy="false"
#  fi
  if [ "$copy" == "true" ] ; then
#  "$ffmpeg" -hide_banner -fflags +genpts -i "$1" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -y "$outfile"
  "$ffmpeg" -hide_banner -fflags +genpts -i "$1" -map 0:v -c:v copy -map 0:a:0 -c:a:0 copy -map 0:a:0 -c:a:1 $audio_codec $encode_time -y "$outfile"
  else
  "$ffmpeg" -hide_banner -fflags +genpts -i "$1" -map 0:v -c:v libx264 -crf 22 -preset:v veryfast -map 0:a:0 -c:a:0 copy -map 0:a:0 -c:a:1 $audio_codec $encode_time -y "$outfile"
  fi
  result=$?
  if [ "${result}" -ne "0" ]; then
    rm "$outfile"
  else
    rm "$1"
    "$comskip" --ini="$csini" "$outfile"
  fi
fi

embyserver(2).txt

roaku

After realizing the recording was cut short, I manually triggered a recording of the same episode through the guide.

It completed normally (~6 minutes were left in the program), including the post processing script, but there was no indication of an active recording on the home page Live TV section or the Admin Dashboard during the recording.

I've attached another full log. It's the same log as above but includes the additional manual recording activity I just described.

embyserver(3).txt

roaku

I've had multiple successful recordings since the 1 minute incident, and one set of back to back recordings.

So hopefully, this was just a fluke but not ready to call it that yet.

roaku

Had a 9 minute (scheduled for 30 minutes) recording of This Old House this morning.

Log attached.

embyserver(4).txt

roaku

Just had a 60 minute recording tap out at minute 18.

I think you have enough logs at this point.

• Thanks 1