Shield TV Pro: Constant password request

Killface69

Killface69

Hi there, got a Shield TV Pro today and like it.

There's just one issue with the recommendations on the home screen in Android, whenever I choose a recommendation from Emby, my password is requested. It gets pretty annoying quick, as it's asked every time. Using server beta and client beta. Is this expected behavior?

Hi.  Have you set the app to always require your password?

Killface69
On 1/31/2024 at 10:40 PM, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Thank you, uninstalled the Google Play Store version and installed the official one https://emby.media/emby-for-android-tv.html
Works as expected, no password request after initial login.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:42 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Have you set the app to always require your password?

No, I live alone 😛 

Thank you, will stick to this version for now. 

Sounds like you might have uninstalled and reinstalled the same thing? What version number do you have now?

But of course if you're happy now, then so are we.

Killface69
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Sounds like you might have uninstalled and reinstalled the same thing? What version number do you have now?

But of course if you're happy now, then so are we.

I've installed the Google Play Store version of Emby (also reinstalled multiple times with the pw still being requested), but wasn't able to install the APK from the website without removing the store version. I'm currently on 2.0.93g, with the Play Store offering me to update to the Beta. But ... never change a running system 🙂 

2 hours ago, Killface69 said:

I'm currently on 2.0.93g, with the Play Store offering me to update to the Beta

Hi.  The current release is 2.0.98.

FrostByte
3 hours ago, Killface69 said:

I've installed the Google Play Store version of Emby (also reinstalled multiple times with the pw still being requested), but wasn't able to install the APK from the website without removing the store version. 

Like Luke mentioned it looks like you installed ATV from the store and then installed ATV from the website.  That would be an upgrade and it would overwrite the previous one installed.  

If you want to try installing the standard app from the link Luke posted (compare to the link you posted) then it would have been a totally different app and you could have them both installed at the same time to try.  You should see a slight difference in the icons between the two apps.

However, like you said, the one you have is working now.

Killface69
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Like Luke mentioned it looks like you installed ATV from the store and then installed ATV from the website.  That would be an upgrade and it would overwrite the previous one installed.  

If you want to try installing the standard app from the link Luke posted (compare to the link you posted) then it would have been a totally different app and you could have them both installed at the same time to try.  You should see a slight difference in the icons between the two apps.

However, like you said, the one you have is working now.

Thank you for clarifying, I'm sorry for missing that information in the first place.

Updated to the current store beta client and still working.

Edited by Killface69
  • Like 1