subtitles not showing by default yet being set to

jcofer555

jcofer555

hi there, i'm having an issue with my subtitles not showing the text on the screen automatically but the correct subtitle is selected in the cc button while playing something. i have to change it to off and then back to the correct entry in order for the subtitle text to show. i'm on version 4.8.0.77 beta and my subtitle settings are set like shown in the screenshot. also have attached how my library is setup for subtitles with english as the only one selected in the download languages. logs are attached as well for when i played a new episode it was at 9:54pm pacific standard time when i tried playing friends s10e13 - the one where joey speaks french.mkvimage.png.3aff6ef87a1a6a234d136b7f54d30bc3.png
image.png.e7f90908372399eeb374efdd716e860a.png
image.png.dce54e6bce7d39f13fe57f75cfa9994a.png

embyserver.txt

HI, it probably just remembered a previously selected track for that video file. You could try turning that feature off.

jcofer555

The previous selection was the same subtitle as its a show I've watched multiple times. I don't want the feature off. The whole point of having subtitles on by default is so I don't have to manually turn them on for each file.

1 minute ago, jcofer555 said:

The previous selection was the same subtitle as its a show I've watched multiple times. I don't want the feature off. The whole point of having subtitles on by default is so I don't have to manually turn them on for each file.

I mean just try unchecking the box to remember previous selections. That by itself is not going to turn off subtitles.

• 3 weeks later...