OTA live playback error!

GernerGuest

GernerGuest

I have one OTA live tv channel that is having playback issues (attached screen shot). It does not seem to be a signal quality issue as it is one of 4 channels on the same frequency and the rest receive fine . it also works in the {HDHomerun software and also with the hauppauge tuner setup in my PC (2 Audio streams only show up on)}. Where as in Emby I have 3 Audio Channels (attached Screen shot) I believe it my have something to do with an extra Audio stream that is either filtered out by the other software or Emby is misinterpreting. I can record the program and play it back i'm just not able to play live on this channel. Attached are the logs after restarting the emby server from hardware detection to trying to play the channel once, which to me it looks like it tried 3 times in the logs to the embyserver. Here is what looks to me causing the issue the audio stream with nothing in it (stream#0:0)? where stream #0:2 is the main audio stream and stream #0:3 is an extra stream for an FM radio station.

excerpts from the log 

(20:36:02.996 Stream #0:0[0x57](eng): Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 0 channels, fltp)

when it is merging with the video stream?

(20:36:02.999 Stream #0:1 (mpeg2video) -> deinterlace_vaapi:default (graph 0))

equals?

(20:36:02.999 Stream #0:0 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> mp3 (libmp3lame)))

which produces this?

(20:36:02.999 Press [q] to stop, [?] for help)

I don't know much about this stuff, but I do enjoy puzzles!

I did setup the server to try using the QuickSync for decoding and encoding to see if that makes a different which it did not.

Any Help would be great since this is the channel that has all the shows i like to watch on it thanks!

image.png

image.png

hardware_detection-63842155574.txt ffmpeg-transcode-775bc792-422c-4a52-bcf5-d270a08bc9c7_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-667df552-3f97-47a1-8a11-98d64a2edbdd_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-77ea205f-468b-494e-9a83-32933b7943d6_1.txt embyserver.txt

Hi, are you able to try the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares?

GernerGuest

I think i could. Do i use the docker to do that since it's  not in the Synology library? Or a manual install? A couple questions on that. Can i have them both installed at the same time and running? Or have one turned off at a time?

GernerGuest

One other thing will my premier api key work on both or one or the other?

5 hours ago, GernerGuest said:

One other thing will my premier api key work on both or one or the other?

Yes, both.

5 hours ago, GernerGuest said:

I think i could. Do i use the docker to do that since it's  not in the Synology library? Or a manual install? A couple questions on that. Can i have them both installed at the same time and running? Or have one turned off at a time?

You can have them both but only run one at a time if they're on the same port.

GernerGuest

Well i guess i don't know how to run them both did the manual install in synology and it decided to update the original to the new version instead of putting it in the Beta Package Area.

I'm sure this is user error!

I've been able to test the channel with the issues and it still won't playback. I was able to have a chance and confirm that (Stream #0:0[0x57](eng): Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 0 channels, fltp) is the issue as i did have a chance to pick  audio stream #0:2 and #0:3 in the player will it was thinking and it worked reverted back to Audio stream #0:0 and playback error resumed. I would assume you could install code to filter or bypass the first Audio stream if it's carrying no data for a Fix. attached are the logs from said events.

The New Version looks great and seems to be more responsive great Job to the Emby team!

ffmpeg-transcode-7f72da48-cc48-4f28-904a-02d8ba8cbb4b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f9eef946-afc2-4477-a9af-cc0ddd72efaa_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2503373a-c6e4-4da8-b3ee-51d37b91a0b4_1.txt hardware_detection-63842238801.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, are you still having an issue with this? Have you updated to the latest version?

GernerGuest

Hi Luke, yes I'm still having issues on version 4.8.1.0 and i didn't mention before there is one other channel that has an issue with this except that TV channel is  broadcast as an audio only channel. both channels work as direct play but only when transcoding they have issues. 

7 hours ago, GernerGuest said:

Hi Luke, yes I'm still having issues on version 4.8.1.0 and i didn't mention before there is one other channel that has an issue with this except that TV channel is  broadcast as an audio only channel. both channels work as direct play but only when transcoding they have issues. 

Hi @GernerGuestcan you please provide a server log from 4.8.1? Thanks.

GernerGuest

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we'll be getting a 4.8.2 update out soon. Please let us know if this resolves it for you. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, as a test, if you disable hardware transcoding in server transcoding settings, does that resolve it?