Can't start Emby after server update to the latest docker image

Nabukodonosor

Nabukodonosor

So, I messed up. I tried to update to the latest Beta tag, but that Emby version was not good for me, so I tried to downgrade to the latest stable tag, but I didn't know you can downgrade emby, because of the database. So, I tried completely deleting emby docker container, image, volumes, deleted my emby config folder, which was around 1.4GB, plus did "docker system prune", but nothing works. Tried even naming my config folder to "embyserver" instead of "emby", to misslead it, but no luck. I still get the corrupt database problem. I really don't understand. It's like I'm trying to install it from the scratch, but it want let me. Here's my log attached. I just don't get it. I know there is that tutorial on how to recover database, but I didn't want to do that, it's not a big deal, I will just recreate a new one, I'm just one user, and I only have a small collection of movies and tv shows, around 2TB. Any ideas?

_embyserver_logs.txt

Edited by Nabukodonosor

Hi, is that the complete Emby server log? They don’t normally start like that.

Nabukodonosor

I can't start emby server. This error is different somewhat from the one if I install the latest beta, and then try to downgrade. I get that SQlite error. But this way I get this, and can't start Emby. Plus I get those .db-wal files in the Data folder.

Q-Droid

Your most recent log is from a running server, stable release, no errors. It's even updated the plug-ins and expecting a restart.

What does your docker run/compose look like? Are you sure you're trying the right connect info?

Nabukodonosor

It's the same docker-compose I used for the previous version, I have it saved. I use the same docker compose for the Beta tag, and it works fine. But here it is attached.

[quote]Are you sure you're trying the right connect info?[/quote]

What do you mean by this?

emby.txt

Nabukodonosor

OK, I found the issue. Emby mapped itself to the 8086 port, and ignored my mapping to 8087 port. I don't know why.

Q-Droid

Pretty much that. Your server is running on port 8096 and per the compose your container is using host network mode.

2024-01-28 19:22:57.149 Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/

• Like 1