Copying a portable server

GiGo
Go to solution Solved by GiGo,

GiGo

I have a portable version of a server and I have copied that to another computer so I don't have to start again scanning media and building the library (all file paths are the same etc...) the issue I have now ran into is I still want to use both of these Servers and link them to Emby Connect.

I've renamed the 2nd (copy of the 1st server) and linked it to emby connect but it doesn't send me the confirmation email.  If I disable the link from the 1st and then do it again in the 2nd it sends me the link, however it shows the original (1st) server name, the link works correctly ie it links to the 2nd instead of the the 1st but I cannot add the 1st to emby connect again.

I assume this is because there is a unique identifier somewhere for the portable folder?  My question is how to I go about connecting both or renaming the server so emby connect recognises it as a different server?

Thanks in advanced. 

Server version is 4.1.7.4

• Solution
GiGo
11 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

This might be the solution.

Thanks for that, when looking for device.txt (which is in; programdata\data) file I saw a connect.txt file. Deleted the device.txt and it didn't work, shutdown the server, deleted both the connect.txt file and the device.txt, started the server and connected to Emby Connect. Cheers!

Edited by GiGo
  • Thanks 1