Play music (.mp3 file) while playing a slide show

bbdude
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

bbdude

Hello I have Emby server running on an Asustor AS5202T (NAS) and viewing using a Roku Ultra XLT running the Emby App. This allows me to view slide shows from a directory on my Asustor NAS. Can I add an mp3 music file somewhere within this directory or some other directory

HI, there is currently no option for this, but it's a good idea to add for future updates. Thanks.

Apologies this isn't easier. You can start the music in the audio player. When music is playing it is a background process on the Roku. During music playback you can browse your libraries, pick and then play a photo slideshow, view the tv guide, etc. You can access the presently playing audio via the Now Playing icon in the top right of the home screen and most library screens. We need to make access to the audio player work on all screens and make it have more functionality. But as of right now you can do what you want on the Roku you just have to start the music first.

bbdude

Thanks for your reply Luke and speechles: So this Audio Player -- Is it a separate Roku App or part of Emby Roku App? I will look for the App, I just need to be sure I know the proper name and source for it. If this is a separate Roku App, can it access mp3 files on my Asustor AS5202T (NAS)? Do I need a server component of the Audio Player running on the Asustor, or can I just point the Roku audio player to the Asustor file system?

• Solution

image.png.1f62bd0ee5597be9699c34fad210d8bc.png

You want to browse your music library for something to play in the audio player.

image.png.db6e6b86a4cf988a9b8134398aba581e.png

Then make sure to turn on the "Repeat All" button. Whatever you are playing will then play over and over whether it be a single song, an album, playlist, or whatever it is. Once the music is playing and you are on this screen press the back button and you can go back to the home screen and choose your photo library.

image.png.bf4e174c19fe7cdf778926700270eef2.png

On the grid you can see the "Now Playing" button when music is playing. There are some screens where the "Now Playing" button is not available to choose in the overhang. Just be aware. But on most library screens you will see the "Now Playing" icon in the top overhang.

image.png.c24e8898597a2ab5509c04c9a6cd20e0.png

All the while music is playing in the background as I move around the app to different screens. At this point you can browse the photo library. Choose a slideshow. And just let it play music while it cycles your photo collection.

It just isn't possible to do this all from within the photo library. But it is possible to do on the Roku by going to play the music first. Hope you understand. Included screenshots to make this easier to understand.

Edited by speechles

bbdude

Thanks speechless. I finally got this to work as you described above. I was hung up for a bit until I figured out that I needed to create a new library specifically for music.