Adding new files isn't triggering real time monitor

Onimo

HI there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

Q-Droid

This server is FreeBSD/TrueNAS so this issue thread should probably be in that sub-forum. More likely to get relevant answers there.

Operating system: FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p9 n245429-296d095698e TRUENAS

Right now we have the realtime monitor disabled on FreeBSD.

Emby Server is built with the dotnet runtime, which Microsoft does not officially support on FreeBSD, at least not in the version 6 that we're using. Anyway, in the past,  we saw a lot of crashing when attempting to use dotnet's file notification api's on FreeBSD. By crashing I mean they were coming from the runtime and we had no ability to prevent it and therefore would bring down the entire server.

It's been a little while since we last re-evaluated this, so we probably should do that and see if we might be able to use it with the latest runtime versions, but that's where things stand today.

Onimo

I'd happily test it out, would a premium key help in associating with my particular install, can you even bind it in that method?

Anyway, I'll happily test it out if I can - I will try to look for a scheduler for a library update until said time arrives. 

• Thanks 1

We could always had a hidden config switch to the server config file I suppose.

Onimo

Would the flag option be something we can try, maybe on the next release you mean?

Can you tell me what you recommend I do at this junction ? 

We'll add it as soon as we can. There's nothing you can do to force it to be enabled in the meantime.

• Like 1