Video Bug

Joker_1
Go to solution Solved by visproduction,

Joker_1

Hi,

One of my user has a problem when she is seeing an episode, and some of my other users have the same problem on some movies. Do you know why this is happening and how to avoid it ? Thanks in advance !

visproduction

Right side of the timeline says -42:00 / 15:09... Hmmm  Perhaps the time code is not properly set in the video.  This can happen when the video source is copied from a DVD source and the container of the video is never remuxed.  DVD's videos take their timecode from other files.  So, if the video file is copied without resetting the time code with by creating a new container, then the video exists without proper time code.  I hope that makes sense.   Try remuxing it with a video converter and just copy the video and audio into a new file with the same container and see if that cleans up the source video. 

What makes it more confusing is that some 3rd party players automatically tweak something in these damaged files and are able to play them back.  Browser playback never includes that sophistication, because it needs to be lean and run on a browser for everything, so it browser playback on damaged files fails and 3rd party playback makes it seem that the problem is not in the file, when it is.

I think this is accurate, but does anyone know if there is something to correct in my description.

Edited by visproduction
  • Like 1

Joker_1
2 hours ago, visproduction said:

Le côté droit de la timeline indique -42:00 / 15:09... Hmmm Peut-être que le code temporel n'est pas correctement défini dans la vidéo. Cela peut se produire lorsque la source vidéo est copiée à partir d'une source DVD et que le conteneur de la vidéo n'est jamais remuxé. Les vidéos sur DVD prennent leur timecode à partir d'autres fichiers. Ainsi, si le fichier vidéo est copié sans réinitialiser le code temporel en créant un nouveau conteneur, alors la vidéo existe sans code temporel approprié. J'espère que cela à du sens. Essayez de le remuxer avec un convertisseur vidéo et copiez simplement la vidéo et l'audio dans un nouveau fichier avec le même conteneur et voyez si cela nettoie la vidéo source. 

Ce qui rend les choses encore plus déroutantes, c'est que certains lecteurs tiers modifient automatiquement quelque chose dans ces fichiers endommagés et sont capables de les lire. La lecture par navigateur n'inclut jamais cette sophistication, car elle doit être simple et exécutée sur un navigateur pour tout, de sorte que la lecture par navigateur sur les fichiers endommagés échoue et la lecture par un tiers donne l'impression que le problème ne vient pas du fichier, alors qu'il l'est.

Je pense que c'est exact, mais est-ce que quelqu'un sait s'il y a quelque chose à corriger dans ma description.

Okay I think I understand the first paragraph but not the seconde one, but remuxing the video will increase the size of the video right ?

• Solution
visproduction
20 hours ago, Joker_1 said:

Okay I think I understand the first paragraph but not the seconde one, but remuxing the video will increase the size of the video right ?

If you set audio and video to copy only, then remuxing is very close to the exact same file size and it only takes a few seconds to happen.  It's an easy thing to try and sometimes fixes file playback issues.

• Like 1