Collection item missing in home page

teicang

teicang

Hi , I re istalled my system after I have reformatted all the disks inside my NAS.

I starting to re-created my database  with a fresh emby istallation

One strange thing. I start to create my collection but the collection field is not present in my home page , but only in the left bar on the PC view, on TV is totally missing .

And also if I start to create only one collection , I found there was already some on the previous istallation, maybe when I copied back my movies directory for ome reason inside there was also some reference about collection.

I restarted already the server  but nothing change.

This is the version my NAS istalled Versione 4.8.0.37 beta

thx

\Gianni

image.png.57ec302e68560c2776c0b4f585783217.pngimage.thumb.png.c10ec85aadc6f1c29dad36995986a575.png

seanbuff
3 hours ago, teicang said:

but the collection field is not present in my home page

Already reported below, and remains unresolved:

3 hours ago, teicang said:

This is the version my NAS istalled Versione 4.8.0.37 beta

Also, any reason for running such an old Beta version?

teicang

such version is what the Nas install automatically , I have also in another nas without this problem:-( 

Any workaround ? I checked and the collection folder is there . The only setting maybe I changed is the number of movies to create a collection automatically, i put 2 instead of the default 3.

Maybe is for that I already found inside the folder some collection not created by me.

seanbuff
12 minutes ago, teicang said:

Any workaround ? I checked and the collection folder is there

No, it's an issue in the beta for new installs only.

@Lukeis this being addressed before beta goes stable?

teicang

Hi , I have done my personal work around.

Tryed to remove emby beta, with and without data , install before version 4.7.140 but it didn't start and update to  beta release, it start  but nothing.

At the end I renamed the folder emby so I started a real new fresh istallation, I install 4.7.140 , started and create my first collection, the collection folder happened in all the page, after update with the release NAS suggest (beta) , after the update the collection folder is there so I can continue to customize my database.

regards

\Gianni