E4K-NG: No longer updating library

phunzie
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

phunzie

i've been using E4K-NG 8.2.15 since release with no issues...but several days ago i noticed newly added media or deleted media (from within Kodi, using Emby Options -Delete from Emby) are not updated in the Kodi library...the media is added and deleted properly in Emby Server (and sent to Recycle Bin), but the changes are just not reflected in Kodi...not even a Local Database Reset works...i have to manually delete the Kodi db files and re-add my library from scratch to see changes...i'm running the latest Emby Server Beta 4.8.075, and these issues may have started with this release, or possibly the previous one...did the latest Server updates break something with E4K?

Edited by phunzie

quickmic
8 hours ago, phunzie said:

i've been using E4K-NG 8.2.15 since release with no issues...but several days ago i noticed newly added media or deleted media (from within Kodi, using Emby Options -Delete from Emby) are not updated in the Kodi library...the media is added and deleted properly in Emby Server (and sent to Recycle Bin), but the changes are just not reflected in Kodi...not even a Local Database Reset works...i have to manually delete the Kodi db files and re-add my library from scratch to see changes...i'm running the latest Emby Server Beta 4.8.075, and these issues may have started with this release, or possibly the previous one...did the latest Server updates break something with E4K?

Could be also Kodi version? Which one are you using?

quickmic

Beta 2 may work, but surly not Kodi nightlies with 8.X Versions.

You need 9.X for Kodi 21 support.

quickmic
38 minutes ago, phunzie said:

still same problem

Could you send me a log, maybe I find something.

Edited by quickmic

• Solution
quickmic

btw, if you downgraded, you need to delete the Kodi21 databases. They will still be there, and e4k cannot handle this scenario. It always uses the latest databases in the folder (which is the one from Kodi 21).

phunzie

yeah, i think i stumbled into this fix...after countless installs and uninstall, local database resets, factory resets, db deletions, etc.,  i finally got library updates working again in Kodi...currently running Emby 4.8.0.75, Kodi 20.3, and e4k 8.2.15

i know this is not really the thread for this, but i can't get e4k 9.x to work...it installs but i can't get the libraries set up...always wind up with empty libraries...will try again making sure i'm using Kodi 21 Beta 2

quickmic

9.X is compatible with Kodi 20 and 21 but I think you used Kodi 21 nighlty with an older version of 9.X which was also not working.

Kodi 21 is still under development and might break e4k due to major Kodi database changes.