Can I reset the Home Screen Library Order ?

Rubbinio
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Rubbinio

A while back when I had only a few libraries I moved some around to have a custom order on the home screen. Now that I have a lot more it's a mishmash where the first x from before are sorted custom and the rest are sorted alphabetically.

Other than manually move them which I think won't work since then they would still be "custom" sorted is there a way I am missing on how to reset this to default alphabetical sort for all? I looked everywhere I could think of and did not find it.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Rubbinio said:

is there a way I am missing on how to reset this to default alphabetical sort for all?

Not currently. You can create New User (copy from existing, Library order is not copied) and restore userdata form Backup & Restore plugin.

Hi.  You can set them to whatever order you wish here:

image.png

Rubbinio

Thank you both.

8 minutes ago, ebr said:

You can set them to whatever order you wish here:

I know that. That's how i ended up with this mishmash now. What i am hoping to do reset it all to default so there is no custom order set for some and not others. For example, this is what I have now

• Marvel Movies
  • Classic Movies
  • Cartoons
  • Another Library
  • Brand New Library
  • C Library
  • D Library

What i would like to go back to is

• Another Library
  • Brand New Library
  • C Library
  • Cartoons
  • Classic Movies
  • D Library
  • Marvel Movies

You can create New User (copy from existing, Library order is not copied)

I tried copying but that copies the order as it is part of the User Configuration (preferred audio and subtitle languages, library order, etc.). And if I uncheck that I lose a bunch of other values. I will check the restore userdata form Backup & Restore plugin see if that can do the trick.

I am ok trying to delete files or something more technical if this value is stored somewhere i can manually fix it. Worst case i have a backup to restore from

Edited by Rubbinio

• Solution

Yeah, it is probably a good idea to put a button on that screen that will sort them alphabetically.

GrimReaper
28 minutes ago, Rubbinio said:

I tried copying but that copies the order as it is part of the User Configuration

Ah yes, you are right, Home Screen sections order is not copied - but library order is. 

Try with backup plugin, restoring user data only, see what gives.