Android tv version extremely slow 2.93

80srule

80srule

I sent logs 2 of them under 80s rule from the app. 
I never seen it so slow and I logged into the server nothing was running in the background. 
It took forever to even pull up Home Screen. Then I never could get my show to come up after clicking on it. 
Do I need to upgrade my server?  

FrostByte

I would update to at least the latest stable client first.  There are some updates for people running 4.8 server in the ATV beta also.  Your server isn't really that old and the only fix in .74 was for LiveTV.

If it still happens send a log from within the app when the problem happens.

80srule
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

I would update to at least the latest stable client first.  There are some updates for people running 4.8 server in the ATV beta also.  Your server isn't really that old and the only fix in .74 was for LiveTV.

If it still happens send a log from within the app when the problem happens.

I did send a log file from the app. 
so update to the latest atv version? It was also happening on the android client on the same box. I have I think 3.5.6. It just was not as bad. 

80srule

When I said did I need a new server I wasn't meaning the software I was meaning maybe my hardware cloud server is to slow. Because its often the ATV version is slower. But I am going to update to the beta. I was using it some time back and then I went back to stable. 
I like the standard android version too but for some reason you cant just unlock you have to do premier. 

Notice how your server log is filled with these entries:

2024-01-25 02:30:38.517 Debug LibraryMonitor: Change detected to /mnt/nvme12n1/ilovemymac/mountedfolder1/Plex-Personal/Media/TV/TV/Chicago Med/Season 9/Chicago.Med.S09E02.720p.HDTV.x264-SYNCOPY[EZTVx.to].mkv

Is that some kind of temp folder that is constantly being written to? I would try turning off the realtime monitor on that library.

If Plex is constantly writing to that folder, then try shutting it down.

FrostByte
8 hours ago, 80srule said:

When I said did I need a new server I wasn't meaning the software I was meaning maybe my hardware cloud server is to slow. Because its often the ATV version is slower. But I am going to update to the beta. I was using it some time back and then I went back to stable. 
I like the standard android version too but for some reason you cant just unlock you have to do premier. 

Ahh, got it now.  BTW: The standard app won't be able to use the unlock until it gets into the store as that's a Google thing.  I think more people would try it if it was.

However, it looks like Luke may have found something.

80srule
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Notice how your server log is filled with these entries:

2024-01-25 02:30:38.517 Debug LibraryMonitor: Change detected to /mnt/nvme12n1/ilovemymac/mountedfolder1/Plex-Personal/Media/TV/TV/Chicago Med/Season 9/Chicago.Med.S09E02.720p.HDTV.x264-SYNCOPY[EZTVx.to].mkv

Is that some kind of temp folder that is constantly being written to? I would try turning off the realtime monitor on that library.

If Plex is constantly writing to that folder, then try shutting it down.

You mean Emby? 
I somehow ended up with doubles of a few series and I deleted the duplicate. 
Does the real time monitor cause the server to work more?

I noticed the latest beta ATV works better but still sometimes it seems slow to open the show info page or episode page from the next up or continue watching. 

80srule
3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Ahh, got it now.  BTW: The standard app won't be able to use the unlock until it gets into the store as that's a Google thing.  I think more people would try it if it was.

However, it looks like Luke may have found something.

Yea google says that app isn’t for my unit because I have android tv box so I have to side load. I wish the app could be labeled for use on both so it could be used. Just to have both. 

4 hours ago, 80srule said:

Does the real time monitor cause the server to work more?

If your files and folders are constantly changing, then yes.