Music Library not available in Kodi

Maverick0815

Maverick0815

I am running Kodi on several different platforms:

my Ubuntu box, hosting emby-server, an intel nuc running librelec, a rpi3 with librelec, an android phone as well as a windows machine.

All are using emby-next-gen in the latest version 8.2.15

Now my problem is, that incidentally my windows machine is working fine, all libraries are there.

On all the other ones, however the music library does not show up at all. the boxes running libreelec, running a sync, but music remains empty. On my ubuntu machine, I get presented with two entries:

• emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon music
  • emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon music-path-substitution

on both entries I get an error for "Remote share" path not found or invalid.

I am using the same settings on all machines, I am using the same user to login to emby on all machines. On the server I can see all libraries and playback everything. 

It is only the music library that is behaving like that. I have tried downgrading the emby-next-gen, but so far no success.

quickmic

The two paths are just placeholders and not actually used.

You must sync your music library to Kodi or use dynamic nodes.

Maverick0815

Thanks for your reply, but that does not really help me. You see, I made this post solely because except for my windows machine- for whatever reason- my music library simply does not sync to Kodi at all on my linux-based boxes. Those placeholders are the only thing being displayed- and I think they shouldn't be visible either. 

quickmic

Then please send me a kodi.log for review after (invalid) music sync.

quickmic

This is the log from a box were you cannot browse music library? Log looks perfect to me.

Maverick0815

Yeah, the log may look all dandy, yet if you check out the attached screenshot, the music library does not look like it should and I would appreciate any help in figuring this out.

PXL_20240125_224815747.jpg

quickmic

Use default skin for testing and send me your mymusic.db from Kodi for review, thanks.

Edited by quickmic

Maverick0815

there you go. I tested with the standard skin and it looks better, however all the entries are empty, no songs in there.

Thanks for looking into this.

PXL_20240126_130644402.jpg

MyMusic82.db

quickmic

I see the problem, no idea how this could happen to you, but your db is missing the roles.

Shutdown Kodi, delete MyMusic82, MyVideos121 and emby* databases (not addon and Viewmodes dbs) and try a resync.

quickmic

If this doesn't help, use stable version 8.2.14 or the public testing 9.X versions.

Maverick0815

at least some progress. I deleted the dbs and went back to 8.2.14, did a resync and now I can at least see some songs again. It may be skin-related now or its a Nexus bug. I dont know.

When I go to Music, the page still looks the same as in the previous screenshot. Hitting the back button brings up the menu from emby and I can access my music. 
thanks so far. I guess I will try a different skin.