Move Users Back from Beta to Stable Server(All Emby Connect)Seamlessly

bungee91
Go to solution Solved by bungee91,

bungee91

Hello.

I have the need to move my production server back to the stable release with the current issues I am experiencing with Live Tv, and playback on Roku clients.

I don't have any preference for watched status, etc.... I would just like for it to be seamless when their app goes to connect that it then links to the Stable server vs the Beta one that I moved them to recently.

think this involves copying the server ID to match between the two installs and since all of these same users have previously connected to the stable server (I moved them to the beta recently) they should then just connect, correct?

What I don't want to do (and what happened previously) is have to have Emby Connect send them an email to confirm the selection and then have to select a new server prior to the connection being established. Again, all users were previously on the stable server and I am NOT trying to do a backup or restore from the beta server to the stable (as that is clearly not supported, and there have been many changes where that could be an issue).

• Solution
bungee91

No love, huh?

I wasn't initially finding the answer while searching, but a change in search string to "server ID" (duh!) made this more clear. So I shutdown the beta server (for now do not plan to use), renamed the device.txt to deviceOLD.txt in the stable server, and replaced the file. Other than being asked for my password when I logged in, all seems to be in order. Unless there is some consequence to this that I am unaware of (again, all same users that I had moved to the beta install server) I think I am all set and will mark this as resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...