X'coding doesn't skip together w/show when skip from x min to xx min

jang430

jang430

Hello, after starting a playback of a show, and I want to skip from e.g. 10 min to 20 min, transcoding doesn't skip to that portion and start transcoding from there.  I can see it's still continuing the transcoding as if no skip in the show, hence, the movie doesn't play.  

Is there a setting to be enabled?

Hi @jang430what example are we looking at here? Please attach the ffmpeg log as well. Thanks.

Hi.  Please describe exactly what you did and what occurred during this log session.

Thanks.

jang430

Hello. So while playing the episode, it started playing immediately.  But when I slide the slider to somewhere in the middle of the episode, the show stops, and don't recover.  For the shows that require hardware transcoding, this happens.

6 minutes ago, jang430 said:

But when I slide the slider to somewhere in the middle of the episode, the show stops

Hi.  Can you explain exactly what you did in this specific session?

jang430

I started playback of the show.  After a few seconds of playback, I moved the slider forward, to see if the show will jump forward, and start playback from where I left the slider.  Instead, the show stopped playing. Another episode also had the same response.  While the shows that don't require hardware transcoding played back as soon as I moved the slider forward. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
jang430

@LukeSorry, I have been busy of late.  I haven't tested the solution yet.  I'll update once I get to try it.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, jang430 said:

@LukeSorry, I have been busy of late.  I haven't tested the solution yet.  I'll update once I get to try it.  Thanks!

OK that would be great. Thanks.