Update for Kodi Omega

b0mb

b0mb

Hi!

I can´t update to the latest EmbyCon Build because the Settings of addon.xml have to be updated.

I am using the Version before the latest and its running flawless for me.

Thx!

b0mb

TeamB
4 hours ago, b0mb said:

Hi!

I can´t update to the latest EmbyCon Build because the Settings of addon.xml have to be updated.

I am using the Version before the latest and its running flawless for me.

Thx!

b0mb

I dont think anything in the settings was changed in the latest release of EmbyCon.

What error are you getting, what exactly is happening.

b0mb

Dependencies are not matching when i want to update. Kodi is awaiting an addon for xbmc gui 5.15.0 and this doesn´t seem to be set in the addon.xml i guess ;)

i am on 1.11.20 and want to update to 1.11.24

TeamB
13 minutes ago, b0mb said:

Dependencies are not matching when i want to update. Kodi is awaiting an addon for xbmc gui 5.15.0 and this doesn´t seem to be set in the addon.xml i guess ;)

i am on 1.11.20 and want to update to 1.11.24

ok, i will check it out.

• Thanks 1

TeamB

@b0mb

I just did a fresh install of Kodi 21 Beta 2 (Omega) and followed the instructions to install EmbyCon here:

https://kodi.emby.tv/

and I did not have any issues that I can see.

Can you PM me screen shots of your erros (photos of a tv is ok) and the Kodi log for when the issues occured?

Edited by TeamB

b0mb

Hi!

I think the problem might be related to the Esturary Embycon which needs to be installed with the Embycon Addon.

I did the first Installation on Kodi Nexus and then i´ve upgraded to Omega build.

Sometime later i´ve deinstalled all Stuff i don´t need like the Estuary Skin. So now when Kodi wants to Update the Embycon Addon it first checks the Dependecies and wants to install Estuary Embycon Skin which might be not compatible with my Omega build. I am using latest Maven Builds published in @ kodinerds.net ;)

Edited by b0mb

FrostByte

3 hours ago, b0mb said:

Hi!

I think the problem might be related to the Esturary Embycon which needs to be installed with the Embycon Addon.

I did the first Installation on Kodi Nexus and then i´ve upgraded to Omega build.

Sometime later i´ve deinstalled all Stuff i don´t need like the Estuary Skin. So now when Kodi wants to Update the Embycon Addon it first checks the Dependecies and wants to install Estuary Embycon Skin which might be not compatible with my Omega build. I am using latest Maven Builds published in @ kodinerds.net ;)

Are you running a nightly build of Omega?

13 hours ago, TeamB said:

@b0mb

I just did a fresh install of Kodi 21 Beta 2 (Omega) and followed the instructions to install EmbyCon here:

https://kodi.emby.tv/

and I did not have any issues that I can see.

Can you PM me screen shots of your erros (photos of a tv is ok) and the Kodi log for when the issues occured?

If this is skin related, then you might not see the problem until you load a nightly after Beta 2.  All skins were required to be redone using gui 5.17 immediately after Beta 2.  However, you can fool Kodi by just changing the following in addon.xml of the skin.

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>

b0mb

@FrostByte

The problem is that the Skin is a Dependency of the EmbyCon Addon and i don´t even need it.

Does any1 know where i can get a .zip version of the Skin?

Edited by b0mb

TeamB

this sort of crap is why i usually dont add support for betas. i usually wait for release candidates.

b0mb
3 minutes ago, TeamB said:

this sort of crap is why i usually dont add support for betas. i usually wait for release candidates.

usually i am doing the same way but Maven Builds are great if you are using Dolby Vision ;)

i guess this is my only expection 

TeamB
30 minutes ago, b0mb said:

@FrostByte

The problem is that the Skin is a Dependency of the EmbyCon Addon and i don´t even need it.

Does any1 know where i can get a .zip version of the Skin?

perhaps its time to move on and drop the skin as a dependent. i added it to make installing and setup easier for new users but i dont think any new users are comming in now so i will drop the dependancy on the skin.

• Agree 1

FrostByte

If you're not using the skin you can get the zip from the original dev in the thread below.  Modify addon.xml, rezip and install before EmbyCon.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49724-support-thread-embuary-a-emby-kodi-skin/

Teddyknuddel recently started making some mods which is in another thread.

Edited by FrostByte

b0mb
26 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Teddyknuddel recently started making some mods which is in another thread.

It´s the Estuary Skin not Embuary ;)

FrostByte
25 minutes ago, b0mb said:

It´s the Estuary Skin not Embuary ;)

Bah.  That's the default skin that comes with Kodi and is included with all nightly builds.  Why would the Maven builds remove that?  Agree, Embycon could probably remove that as a dependency then.

I'll see if I can find it, but not seeing it in the addons folder.

TeamB
6 hours ago, b0mb said:

@FrostByte

Ias far as i know it´s a special Version for Embycon ;)

yes correct, it is a very slightly modified version of the default skin to add home screen widgets for the dynamic EmbyCon addon nodes for movies and tv shows.

for first time users it makes the whole setup process very easy.

but as i said i dont think there are many new users now days so i will drop the skin and dependency on it. i will release a new version of EmbyCon today with the dependancy on the skin removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TeamB

EmbyCon 1.11.25 - remove dependencies on custom skin and screen saver

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
ecrispy

I installed latest Kodi v21, and latest EmbyCon, and the suggested Esturary Embycon skin, all from latest emby beta repo.

I get playback errors on anything - bad request.

The home screen only has 2 nodes - Emby movies and tv, and both only show the current in progress and recently added. It doesn't look as nice as default skin or Embuary.

TeamB
37 minutes ago, ecrispy said:

and the suggested Esturary Embycon skin

is probably broken and will need to be updated for Kodi 21. I will do this when Kodi 21 hits RC or is released.

39 minutes ago, ecrispy said:

I get playback errors on anything - bad request.

If you are having playback errors then a Kodi log would help find the issue.

40 minutes ago, ecrispy said:

It doesn't look as nice as default skin or Embuary.

ok, you can use any of the configurable skins you want.

ecrispy
19 minutes ago, TeamB said:

is probably broken and will need to be updated for Kodi 21. I will do this when Kodi 21 hits RC or is released.

If you are having playback errors then a Kodi log would help find the issue.

ok, you can use any of the configurable skins you want.

thank you, didn't mean anything negative about the skin, I just think it may not be working correctly, as I think you just confirmed.

would you recommend going to Kodi 20?

TeamB
37 minutes ago, ecrispy said:

would you recommend going to Kodi 20?

Kodi 20 is the current stable version, it will have the least amount of issues for daily use.