flawless DTS transcoding possible on ds418play?

tonibrate

tonibrate

Hi, is it possible to get DTS transcoding working on a Synology 418play? 

since ive got only a stereo Setup i got no Special demands on the Output quality.

im using the native App on webos LG oled 2023 model.

Updated the Synology and emby Server on the latest Updates - direct Play for Video and the audio track is transcoding. It seems Like the Synology is Not powerful enough cause the Playback pauses every 5 to 10 Seconds.

Adding another audio track isnt really an Option :( Wish i bought another TV with native dts support

Edited by tonibrate

SamES

Looking at your logs, I’m not sure if audio transcoding is your issue as the transcoding speed looks fine.  However, it may still be a disk or network load issue for your device.

In the next update, 2023 OLED will direct play DTS so that should resolve the issue. DTS is now supported again by LG in these newer models. 

Temporarily, you could disable audio transcoding in the users settings on the server, but be aware that this might cause other problems if the user is using multiple devices and needs audio transcoding on some of them. I expect that given your servers issues with transcoding audio, that is probably unlikely to be the case. 

tonibrate

After disabling audio transcoding it doesnt play any sound at all and the playback behaviour is the same.

Network Speed is fine i guess, since some high Bitrate 4k content with Stereo Audio is playing fine.

Good News that there is an update incoming. guess ive had to wait.

Any informations on when its coming?

thanks for your time to help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can you please try the Emby for LG 1.0.41 update and see how things compare? Thanks !

tonibrate

Hi

the file from the logs i posted is now working perfectly - some others are still transcoding or silent If i disable transcoding like Sam mentioned

the working Soundtrack got only 768 kbps, the transcoding ones 2mbps or dts-hd 

• Thanks 1