Cannot download Subtitles For any Movies

MrCaspan
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

MrCaspan

So when I play a vidoe with no subtitales it shoudl auto downlaod subtitles and it does not. When I try to manually download the subtitle i just get an a responce "No results found. Have you configured subtitle downloading" I have confirmed 3 times my subtitle.org settings are correct and I can log into their site with no issues. I have tried reseting my opensubtitles password and restarting the server with the same error. When looking at the logs I find the below error in the logs (see below) I am running Emby on TrueNAS Scale running version 4.7.14.0 as far as i can tell this was working before and I am not sure when it stopped.

2024-01-21 19:37:35.679 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-01-21 19:37:35.919 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.63-production+truenas (root@tnsbuilds01.tn.ixsystems.net) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #2
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Hello MrCaspan,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
GrimReaper
Just now, MrCaspan said:

I have confirmed 3 times my subtitle.org settings are correct

Opensubtitles plugin has switched to using opensubtitles.com, you need to migrate existing .org account/create new account there and configure plugin with new credentials (username, not email).

• Thanks 1

sundevil67

I created an account on opensubtitles.com, and even downloaded the Addi7ed.com plugin & created an account there (though I have no idea how to use it), but nothing seems to work & I still can't download subtitles. I'm wondering if it might be in part that the filenames are numbers for .strm files (see "6" in the attached; the subtitles that are there were added manually). I changed the metadata to include the title of the show/episode, but that didn't help. Any other ideas? This is really a dealbreaker for me - can't watch anything in Emby without manually downloading & adding .srt files which is just an awful pain.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 8.09.10 PM.png

2 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

I created an account on opensubtitles.com, and even downloaded the Addi7ed.com plugin & created an account there (though I have no idea how to use it), but nothing seems to work & I still can't download subtitles. I'm wondering if it might be in part that the filenames are numbers for .strm files (see "6" in the attached; the subtitles that are there were added manually). I changed the metadata to include the title of the show/episode, but that didn't help. Any other ideas? This is really a dealbreaker for me - can't watch anything in Emby without manually downloading & adding .srt files which is just an awful pain.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 8.09.10 PM.png

@sundevil67did you see the questions and answers from earlier in this topic?

sundevil67

All I saw were recommendations about updating the plugin, and creating an account on opensubtitles.com. Was there another fix?

4 minutes ago, sundevil67 said:

All I saw were recommendations about updating the plugin, and creating an account on opensubtitles.com. Was there another fix?

Did you see this part?

configure plugin with new credentials (username, not email).

• 2 weeks later...
sundevil67
On 1/23/2024 at 1:10 PM, Luke said:

Did you see this part?

Yes! I got that to work eventually. I read someplace that a VIP account was necessary, and missed that piece - apologies. The problem in part was the shows I was choosing for testing, which still come up empty in the search. It's strange how certain shows just don't have any subtitles in the database, while much more obscure ones do. Anyway, got it working now...

sundevil67
On 2/3/2024 at 11:13 AM, Luke said:

Did you compare to opensubtitles.com?

Opensubtitles.com is the version I'm using since that whole changeover. It is still very strange though; the search is much slower, and it will come up with like half a dozen options or more for one episode, and then another episode of the same show, same season, will come up empty. For example, I tested the show "Animal Kingdom", season 6, episode 7. While it comes up empty in Emby, it has many options when I go to opensubtitles.com directly. Do you know why that might occur?

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 1.39.20 PM.png

5 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

Opensubtitles.com is the version I'm using since that whole changeover. It is still very strange though; the search is much slower, and it will come up with like half a dozen options or more for one episode, and then another episode of the same show, same season, will come up empty. For example, I tested the show "Animal Kingdom", season 6, episode 7. While it comes up empty in Emby, it has many options when I go to opensubtitles.com directly. Do you know why that might occur?

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 1.39.20 PM.png

OK please attach the emby server log from when you tried this:

Thanks.