unRAID File Permissions

Spyderturbo007
Go to solution Solved by seanbuff,

Spyderturbo007

It looks like I'm dealing with a file permissions issue that started awhile back when unRAID changed the way permissions were handled.  I didn't know about it until I realized that the Emby GUI was loading terribly slow and determined that it was no longer downloading artwork and saving it in the folder with the media.  My log (Attached) is filled with things like:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/user/Movies/Five Nights at Freddys/Five Nights at Freddys.4K.HDR.Atmos.nfo' is denied.

2024-01-21 10:32:26.461 Error ProviderManager: UnauthorizedAccessException: Emby Server is being write access to /mnt/user/Movies/The Marvels/clearlogo.png. Please check your file permissions.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?  Thank you!

embyserver.txt

• Solution
seanbuff
5 hours ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?  Thank you

See this topic here:

and see how you go

• Thanks 1

Spyderturbo007

That did it!  Thank you so much @seanbuff

Any way to get Emby to download and add all the artwork for everything that's missing?  It's so much faster if it doesn't have to download it every time to every device.  It makes scrolling through my movies annoying because each time I have to wait for it to load line by line.

18 minutes ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

That did it!  Thank you so much @seanbuff

Any way to get Emby to download and add all the artwork for everything that's missing?  It's so much faster if it doesn't have to download it every time to every device.  It makes scrolling through my movies annoying because each time I have to wait for it to load line by line.

HI, yes you can try refreshing the metadata on whatever has failed previously.