Playing video freezes and emby goes off

fizspc

fizspc

It's hard to say when and why it happens. Please help.

I watch movie is all playing well, but sometimes the blue circle of buffering appears and the movie stops playing it. And after couple of seconds it throws me out of the video. I see movie title and info, but not the graphical picture of it. After more seconds it throws to main menu, but there are no other movies... and then emby stops working. If i go exit and try to again load Emby it writes cannot connect to server. I tried wake server but nothing.

So I leave it to rest and after 15-20 min it starts working again. At the meantime i watch youtube or internet tv on TV and it works fine.

I also tried restarting Emby server on Win11 but nothing. It won't help. 
I can't understand why its happening and how to fix it. I am attaching emby log

embyserver.txt

Edited by fizspc

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, fizspc said:

And thats the message when I am trying to wake up server on tv:

PXL_20240122_174054093.jpg

Have you setup wake on lan?

fizspc

What do you mean "Have you setup wake on lan?"
I haven't configured anything special for that. Just default Emby settings. Do you want my configuration screenshot? Which settings?

Edited by fizspc

11 minutes ago, fizspc said:

What do you mean "Have you setup wake on lan?"
I haven't configured anything special for that. Just default Emby settings. Do you want my configuration screenshot? Which settings?

If you want to use the wake on lan function, which it appears you attempted to do, then you need to setup wake on lan on your server machine.

fizspc

But probably that's not the reason why the video get stuck? Any ideas how to fix it? I have this trouble more than a year now... I thought it's normal, but my brother on another machine has no problam with emby, so thats why i decided to seek help.
And I think my wake on lan is enabled: on device manager > Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz > Wake on magic packed > enabled

1 hour ago, fizspc said:

Any help?

Does it happen with lower bitrate content? This is all direct playing, meaning Emby isn't really involved. Most likely either the bitrate is too high for the connection or the Samsung video player is just having trouble with the file.

rbjtech

If you are loosing connection to the emby server - then I'd say it's likely related to your wifi.

Is your router/access point a long way away from the TV ?

If you use a mobile next to the TV, what sort of wifi signal strength do you get ?

I've always used an app called wifiman (from Ubiquiti networks) to monitor wifi signal strength. 

Edited by rbjtech