VLC External player not working

sward

sward

Hello - seems Emby Theater is no longer using VLC as my external player, even though it is still configured.

• 2 weeks later...
sward

Seems there have been a lot of improvements with the native Emby Theater player and its ability to play back all (most?) video files using HW acceleration, so I see no need to use an external player at this time!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
HofsteeSchenk
On 2/2/2024 at 1:24 PM, sward said:

Seems there have been a lot of improvements with the native Emby Theater player and its ability to play back all (most?) video files using HW acceleration, so I see no need to use an external player at this time!

But with 10bit HEVC files with PGS subtitles Transcode and Burning in Subtitles takes to much time and VLC is doing this all right. So I use VLC playback on these occasions. Can we get VLC playback again? I would be thankfull. 

21 minutes ago, HofsteeSchenk said:

But with 10bit HEVC files with PGS subtitles Transcode and Burning in Subtitles takes to much time and VLC is doing this all right. So I use VLC playback on these occasions. Can we get VLC playback again? I would be thankfull. 

You can still use an external player with VLC. Have you tried it?

HofsteeSchenk

Yes, but only when at home, when I can reach the server. But not when I'm on not at home and my kids also want to watch movies .There is no vlc option in the android app and in the TV app. It did work once.

Also gone in emby theater from windows

Edited by HofsteeSchenk

There is no vlc option in the android app and in the TV app. It did work once.

@HofsteeSchenk

Have you explored the external player option is the app?

HofsteeSchenk
18 hours ago, Luke said:

@HofsteeSchenk

Have you explored the external player option is the app?

Maybe I.m wrong. I new there was a external player option and I still found it in the TV app, but I thought it was in the windows emby windows app in the playback tab. But I might be wrong. Sorry for that.

Edited by HofsteeSchenk
  • Thanks 1