Streaming error

Tamas76

Tamas76

[Description of symptoms] Since the latest software update 4.7.14 and all following betas I am unable to play several different movies. I have also tried using different devices such as Roku (DLNA), FireTV, Iphone, Sony TV, browser stream also, all these devices were connected to the local network and tried it multiple times with online streaming. I always ran into an error message of some sort. This issue applies to multiple codecs (including 4K and full HD streams). Other DLNA providers seem to work totally fine.

[Steps to reproduce issue] Just play one of the videos where the issue was earlier present.

[Error message]

Emby error message: "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details"(see attached) 
Roku media player erros mesage(DLNA): "There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned"(see attached)

421130626_1313838229256354_1207890511583801561_n.jpg

kép_2024-01-21_140558812.png

Tamas76

These are my logs from opera gx browser, also sent logs from Roku at 10:28 (UTC - 5)
In browser I tried to play Blue Planet 2 
On Roku I tried  to play Planet Earth 2

The user was "Csanad" both times and the already mentioned error message appeared both times ( No compatible streams...)

ffmpeg-transcode-4cd1f9d5-fd38-40cf-8c7b-442ee00df112_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-7283340e-9fb9-4337-b77d-4d900d28aeb2_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-18d8b75d-3a83-4bdc-8d8f-355815df731b_1graph.txt ffmpeg-transcode-18d8b75d-3a83-4bdc-8d8f-355815df731b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-7b1d05c6-5c10-4cd4-8a7a-473243e01c3b_1.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by Tamas76

Hi, did you see the permission denied error in the ffmpeg log?

Tamas76

No I didn't really go into the logs since I can't really understand them. But I don't see a reason for it to deny it since other movies run just fine and the user is set as system admin.

Edited by Tamas76

It looks like the server is being denied access to the file:

16:22:24.665 /share/Sorozatok/A kék bolygó 2/Blue.Planet.II.S01E01.One.Ocean.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.HUN.ENG-N4M.mkv: Permission denied

Tamas76

I have tried to reinstall the emby server but I seem to have run into an another issue that some people have already encountered. After reinstall the emby server starts up and after about two seconds shuts down instantly, although app central displays it running there is no trace of it in the task manager. I also double checked all the port and IP settings and they are all set up correctly. ADM 4.2.6.RPI1 version is currently installed and I have tried to install several emby server versions including betas and previous stable versions. Any idea on how to solve this issue?

1 hour ago, Tamas76 said:

I have tried to reinstall the emby server but I seem to have run into an another issue that some people have already encountered. After reinstall the emby server starts up and after about two seconds shuts down instantly, although app central displays it running there is no trace of it in the task manager. I also double checked all the port and IP settings and they are all set up correctly. ADM 4.2.6.RPI1 version is currently installed and I have tried to install several emby server versions including betas and previous stable versions. Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Why did you do that? That’s not going to help with the file permissions. 
what version did you try to install?

Jägs

Yeah, as Luke noted, reinstalling isn't going to help with a permission issue, so you'll need to address that, first

That said, if Emby itself is still not working after reinstalling, try the following:

1. Shut down Emby Server via App Central in the ADM.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Uninstall Emby Server via App Central in the ADM.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Reinstall.

The rebooting is necessary as sometimes the start/stop and uninstall scripts can hang, especially when apps are not in a good working state.

If, at this point, Emby still doesn't run, your only recourse is to manually remove it, which will require shell (SSH) access:

1. turn off Emby Server via App Central in ADM
  2. remove Emby Server via App Central in ADM
  3. run the following command from the terminal:

sudo rm -R "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server"

4. run the following command from the terminal:

sudo /usr/builtin/sbin/userdel emby

(this is critical)

5. Just to be sure, reboot.
  6. Reinstall Emby Server from App Central.
  7. Access it via port 8096 with your server's IP address (same address you use to access ADM).
  • Thanks 1

Tamas76

The 4.8.0.75 emby-server beta has fixed some issues but Roku playback still doesn't work through the Emby app for Roku (for the already mentioned films) sent the log at 8:53 UTC-5. Android Tv, Fire Tv, Samsung Tv works fine and play everything.

7 hours ago, Tamas76 said:

The 4.8.0.75 emby-server beta has fixed some issues but Roku playback still doesn't work through the Emby app for Roku (for the already mentioned films) sent the log at 8:53 UTC-5. Android Tv, Fire Tv, Samsung Tv works fine and play everything.

HI, can you please attach a new emby server and ffmpeg log file? Thanks.

Tamas76
Tamas76

I click on play then it starts to load which in itself is weird since every other movie plays instantly since it is on local network. The loading gets stuck at 33% and then starts to jump up but eventually falls back to 33% sometimes the loading icon also disappears and it's just the greyd out thumbnail of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...