A fill/stretch screen option per app that sticks.

Dutch1987

Dutch1987

A fill/fit stretch screen option per app that sticks. Instead of Horizontal/vertical zoom like in the fires tick app. Just a fill/fit screen option, but once it's set it stays set for every film until changed again. Plex had this feature that stuck, and I miss it greatly as I hate the black bars top and bottom and at the moment I have to horizontal zoom/stretch for every film it's so annoying.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dutch1987 said:

I hate the black bars top and bottom

Hi.  You prefer a very distorted image?  Or are  you zooming and cropping out the sides?

Dutch1987

Does not seem distorted to me.

I would just like the stretch settings to stick once set, so I don't have to keep going into the cog menu to stretch every film I watch through my fire stick. Plex has this setting stick, and It's something I miss.

visproduction

Dutch,

When you say it doesn't seem distorted, it depends which "fill" method you are using and on what screen.  It seems like you are thinking it is just one button / feature change to make it happen.

1. Filling the screen by cropping left and right is one method which keeps the correct image ratio, but you don't see left and right parts of the playback.
  2. Filling the screen by stretching up and down to cover the black bars.  This stretches the playback image, so people will look taller and thinner.  You do get to see the entire left and right portions of the playback, but they are also stretched.
  3. Zoom.  Used to be available for many TV's.  The picture just zooms in to fit the either widescreen or standard TV size and mostly, left and right are lost, but sometimes also top and bottom.
  4. Pan and Scan is done in post production and would not really be available to automatically push a button to make it happen on any screen.  I mention it because often this is done to retail copies and people just don't realize it is what they are watching.  Post production service makes a copy that fits into a screen size, usually only 4:3 (old TV), where the media is cropped left and right and every once in a while there is a smooth pan across the playback so an actor or event on the right or left can be seen.  There is no distortion or stretching, but at all times part of the original media, left or right, cannot be seen.

Where do you want the "Fiill" to work? These all have to be coded differently for each playback hardware: computer monitor, tablet, phone or TV can be a different format.

What formats do you want to cover?  I think the playback probably needs to be coded differently for the various playback options on .mp4, .mkv, transcoded?

I just want to point out that creating a feature that does the "Fill", may need to consider all of this.  If you want this feature, maybe mention, which option do you like, for what format on what hardware, or if you want all of them.

• Like 1