Deleted Web Folders - Now Can't Access Remotely

AppleTechStar

AppleTechStar

I wasn't paying attention and inadvertently deleted two folders that were apparently required for remote access. One was called web_ something. And I don't remember what the other folder was. I deleted Emby through package center and used SSH to delete the EmbyServer folder and re-installed as new. I went through the first time setup again but the required folders were not recreated. I rebooted the NAS for good measure prior to reinstalling and no luck. I set permissions on my media folder for the system Emby user to read/write. 

How do I restore remote access and get these web folders restored?

HI there, why do you think the required folders were not recreated? What problem are you having/

AppleTechStar

The folders are missing. They were visible with the other shared folders on the NAS which is where I deleted them from and now they are not there. 

AppleTechStar

The missing folder was the web folder shown in the screenshot. I simply recreated it by creating a new folder called "web" and surprisingly the index.html and "web_images" folder was inside it. Remote access is now working. 

How did that happen?

image.png

Are you sure that's an emby folder? We don't have any standalone folders just called web.