Multiple tuners

techbri

techbri

Hi, I am new to Emby. I signed up for a premier and set up my library and things are going pretty well so far. I have an HD home run prime cable, card tuner, and I started using it for live tv. a second tuner this morning and activated the cable card confirming that it’s working. I added the second HD homer as a source to emby so now I have two HD home runs in Emby. I fired up multiple clients and I’m able to load up all three tuners on the first prime but when I try to watch live team on a fourth client and gives me the message that no tuners are available. As both HD home runs are the same and they’re connected to the same cable service I figured would be merged and I would have six available that doesn’t seem to be working. is there something to do I can fix this? thanks

Hi, we’ll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

techbri

@LukeThank you for looking into the issue. I posted in the emby subreddit and someone suggested using Channels and adding the tuners to it and then using the m3u stream and guide data in emby. I set this up and it works but I am hoping to not renew Channels and use Emby for everything. Hopefully you can come up with a solution to access all of the tuners.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
techbri

Hi Luke - any idea whether the above issue still exists in 4.8? I have it working with channels above - but I wonder if I need it still or if Emby should be able to access and assign all six tuners on two devices?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, techbri said:

Hi Luke - any idea whether the above issue still exists in 4.8? I have it working with channels above - but I wonder if I need it still or if Emby should be able to access and assign all six tuners on two devices?

Thanks!

Hi, it should be able to do this yes.

techbri

I removed the M3U and added the tuners directly and it was a no go.

I have two HDHomeRun Prime units, each one has three tuners. The tuners are on different IP addresses and I added both of them to Emby as sources. I am currently streaming live tv from three clients and when I try to stream a fourth channel I get the following. Is there some other setup method I am missing?

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 3.02.27 PM.png

kanipek
20 hours ago, techbri said:

I removed the M3U and added the tuners directly and it was a no go.

Can you list what steps you have taken when adding the second HDHomeRun(HDHR) to Emby?

I have multiple HDHR tuners installed. I run them through Channels myself now but had them connected direct to Emby for many years. You might be missing a step somewhere? For instance did since you mention it woks in channels have you - run through the HDHR setup for this tuner? Does it function in the HDHR DVR software? Have you verified that the second unit has channels mapped to guide data?

Please list what you have done include screenshots if possible.

techbri

Hi will take some screen shots later but I do have all six tuners working in channels and I can access more than three different live channels at once from channels and I can do the same in Emby by mapping the channels to Emby using the m3u from channels. 

I have setup both tuners and favorited channels (same list on both HRDRs). When I added the tuners to Emby directly, I chose the option to only add favorited channels. I added the first HRDR as a tuner by its IP address and I added the second HRDR by its IP. I gave it some time for the detection to finish. 

I assumed that adding both HRDRs separately was correct. Is there a different method?

note: I don’t think I have tried adding the tuners without selecting the option to add favorite channels only. I can try adding all channels to see if that make a difference. 

techbri

Update: I removed the M3U tuner from Channels as well as the XML channel list and I added both tuners as I described above. This time I did not check the option to only add channels marked as favorite. Once both tuners were added, I added the Emby Guide source and let it scan. I am now watching four channels at once and not getting the tuner error. I checked the favorite channel settings on the tuners and one does not have favorite channel settings selected but the other does. I could have sworn I checked that when adding the second HDHR and they matched before. Thanks @kanipekfor your efforts.

Edited by techbri
  • Like 1