Subtitle downloading error with new open subtitle plugin

lantana
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

lantana

Hi, I noticed that opensubtitle is moving from opensubtitles.org to opensubtitles.com and so I created a new account there; I also noticed that the plugin in Emby is updated to 1.0.45. But I cannot download subtitles. The log shows error as following:

2024-01-20 02:08:22.825 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-01-20 02:08:23.245 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.14.0
Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 6.1.63-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Nov 20 09:05:01 PST 2023
Framework: .NET 6.0.20
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /config
Application path: /app/emby
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadRequest
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Am I missing anything, or is this a bug?

• Solution

Hi there, did you make sure to configure your open subtitles username ?

lantana

Wow, thank you for your quick response! Indeed, I entered email address (as what I did before). After changing it to username, it now works.

Thank you for everything!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Assaad

hello, im experiencing the same issue, username and password correct but i get error requesting download of subtitle and the log shows " Subtitle Download Failed from Open Subtitles on DS920" Reason: NotAcceptable 

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Assaad said:

hello, im experiencing the same issue, username and password correct but i get error requesting download of subtitle and the log shows " Subtitle Download Failed from Open Subtitles on DS920" Reason: NotAcceptable 

Yes Opensubtitle obviously is changing things, and we now have to what for the dev to make changes also as it has already been acknowledged in other topics.

image.png.da8ef4244b090761cd018deb8758a4d6.png

17 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, to download more you'll need OpenSubtitles VIP access.

But stay tuned. We have a deal with OpenSubtitles that will benefit our Emby Premiere users, although we haven't rolled this out yet.

LittleKinder
On 4/16/2024 at 3:01 AM, Happy2Play said:

Yes Opensubtitle obviously is changing things, and we now have to what for the dev to make changes also as it has already been acknowledged in other topics.

image.png.da8ef4244b090761cd018deb8758a4d6.png

Hello, not sure if it's related, but it still downloaded them (even with the error), and even with the correct naming i can't see them in emby.

example :

Dune.2021.2160p.MULTI.HMAX.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-LPKFM.mkv

Dune.2021.2160p.MULTI.HMAX.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-LPKFM.ko.srt

mattsteg

I've entered my opensubtitles info into the plugin and enabled subtitles in my library, but I don't see any UI related to downloading subtitles manually.  I do finally see some subtitles downloading in logs, but not for the movies I'm most interested in subs for.

Lessaj

Edit Subtitles is available from the 3 dot menu when looking at an item (episode/movie level).

mattsteg
49 minutes ago, Lessaj said:

Edit Subtitles is available from the 3 dot menu when looking at an item (episode/movie level).

No it isn't.

image.png.71fbf947115aaa31a1fe2d5ad8c69058.png

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, mattsteg said:

No it isn't.

Does your user have Subtitles download and/or deletion enabled in User settings?

image.png.d586107ba94c3f03428bff86a2d6e5a7.png

• Like 1

mattsteg
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Does your user have Subtitles download and/or deletion enabled in User settings?

image.png.d586107ba94c3f03428bff86a2d6e5a7.png

Thank you for your help.  This solves the issue.

The user's the primary administrator.  IF it's required to manually set some hidden settings like this...it really should be better documented imo.  Even if it's possible (and sensible if you aren't using subtitles like I previously wasn't) to disable, the documentation of the subtitle feature should probably mention that this permission exists.

This does solve the issue of the setting being visible.  There was also a typo that was not interfering with emby's ability to identify the movie (which is why it wasn't downloading at all, but without any feedback of why)