passthrough doesn´t work

hallansen

hallansen

I use the Emby Server on a Synology DS216j and have an Amazon Stick and an Nvidia Shield as a client.
Although passthrough is activated and set everywhere on the Emby clients, the Emby server converts all audio formats to AC3, which is completely nonsensical and therefore takes far too long. When I access the NAS with the same clients via DLNA or Plex, there are no problems, as if it can't be due to the basic settings of the clients. What is this going on?

JohnWhitmore
14 hours ago, hallansen said:

I use the Emby Server on a Synology DS216j and have an Amazon Stick and an Nvidia Shield as a client.
Although passthrough is activated and set everywhere on the Emby clients, the Emby server converts all audio formats to AC3, which is completely nonsensical and therefore takes far too long. When I access the NAS with the same clients via DLNA or Plex, there are no problems, as if it can't be due to the basic settings of the clients. What is this going on?

Have you added the shared folder option in the library settings? Go to the page where you add the folders and make sure you have something in "(Optional) Shared network folder".