FireTV Circle of Death-Videos Don't Play

GloverEggs
Go to solution Solved by GloverEggs,

GloverEggs

My son was watching Emby and then wasn't able to get anything to load on his FireTV.  I went and tried the normal troubleshooting and during that noticed that our Embry premier license key somehow disappeared.  I added it back.

While this was going on my husband was watching something on Roku, I'm watching something else on an LG TV, and I checked on android and everything loads fine.  It's just the FireTV being weird.  I was able to view photos and play music through Emby on his FireTV.

I was able to turn on debug logging and sent a report at approximately 21:53 EST (19:53 MST where I am).

I can load the normal Emby logs too.  However, is there a way to clear the embyserver.txt file?  Mine is up to 119MB so it'd probably good to minimize it a little.

He's had this FireTV for about a week and up until this evening, the Emby app has worked great.  If there is something I need to change, just let me know.

Thanks for the help.

HI, yes please attach the emby server log as well. I would just zip it up. Thanks.

GloverEggs

Okay, here you go. 

As it was uploading, I noticed that the logs were from just before I turned on the debug logging on the FireTV and did that send report through there.  However, it will still have other instances of videos not playing on the FireTV.

Thanks for checking on this.

Downloads.zip

Can you provide the ffmpeg log from Roku playback? 

• Solution
GloverEggs

Roku log just sent (1240 EST).

I went to check on my son's FireTV and he was actually awake! He got it working last night.  Even though we'd tried turning everything off and back on several times, he found out on the TV under settings, device and software, there was a restart.  After he did that, it worked fine.  Ugh!  It's easy to forget that these aren't really TVs anymore, but computers.

I didn't try the android app on the FireTV since Emby is now working.

Thank you for looking into this though.

• Thanks 1