Database refresh taking days, and still not finished

JuJuJurassic
Go to solution Solved by JuJuJurassic,

JuJuJurassic

Hi All,

I've triggered the live TV refresh guide, to update the Virtual TV plugin, but my question isn't about virtualTV. The help I've been getting says the database refresh is just taking a long time.

I don't think I have a particularly large library, 6k films 23k TV shows.

I set the database cache size to 2048 and the Analysis row limit at 400. 

The Emby server is running on a dedicated box, 4 users is the max it's ever had. 32 GB of Ram, Utilisation is low. There's lots of resources available

Are there any settings I could change, then restart the refresh, that would speed up the process?

Thanks

JuJuJurassic

I've downloaded the embyserver.txt just after I started the refresh, I'll leave it a day, then download it again and post it. The database refresh seems to be a known problem, as mentioned here 

It's not so much a diagnosis of is there a problem or not I'm after. My Emby server has lots of spare resources, I wanted to know if there are any parameters I could  change that would help the database refresh speed up, then I could put them back to "normal" values after the refresh had completed. 

Thanks

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
JuJuJurassic

My servers have been running the live TV refresh for 1 week, 4 days, 9 hours. Well that's the uptime of the server, so it's about that give or take half an hour.

I've attached the embyserver.txt files one at the start of the refresh, one from today. I've edited my domain name to <URL>.com.

I'd like to know what operation it's performing and see if I can help it.

Basically, it looks like my live TV refresh is broken.

If there's anything else I can upload, please let me know, but it seems I'm not alone with this problem. Dibbles has it, as does another, as can be seen here 

It did a refresh when I started with Virtual TV, months ago and it worked fine, but doesn't seem to want to play now.

Thanks

Juju

embyserver (11).txt embyserver (11) - Start of refresh.txt

Hi, please try removing these plugins:

2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading MovieThemeSongs, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/moviethemesongs.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=3.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/Statistics.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading Emby.SecurityCams, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/Emby.SecurityCams.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading DiskSpace, Version=1.0.6.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/DiskSpace.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading ThemeSongs, Version=1.6.6.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/themesongs.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading VirtualTV, Version=1.1.3.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/VirtualTV.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading Emby.XmlTV, Version=1.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/Emby.XmlTV.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading MovieThemeVideos, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/MovieThemeVideos.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading ThemeVideos, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/ThemeVideos.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=2.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/playback_reporting.dll
2024-01-21 07:23:07.300 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TuneIn, Version=1.2.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.TuneIn.dll

Then restart the server and see how things compare.

JuJuJurassic

That fixed it 🙂

Now to add each plugin and refresh again, to find the culprit. But I'll do that tonight, not in my "work" time.

Thanks

Juju

• Solution
JuJuJurassic

Ok, so I cheated a bit and reloaded each of the plugins when I shoudl have been working.....

No problems, they all loaded ok, with the exception of the Virtual TV plugin, which I'm waiting to get the correct version. 

So the problem is fixed.

• Thanks 1