Can't connect to Emby outside of LAN anymore.

johnny_swindle

johnny_swindle

With the upgrade to 4.7.14.0 started having issues with external connections. Port is forwarded. May downgrade to lower version to see if that helps any.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 030437.png

AgostinoMedia

All I can say is before switching to this new router, i never had to open any ports for Emby. The app just worked in and outside my network.

With this new router, I opened ports for other applications that I typically open ports for. But for some reason they don't show as open when i test on canyouseeme.org, however UPnP is enabled on the router and I guess that's enough for now. I'm trying to see what I can do with the help of the router's customer support, but it doesn't seem like they are able to help me much. It's very strange and I've never had these issues before.

Maybe you should setup port forwarding? Just because you didn’t have to do that on your previous router doesn’t really mean anything for your new router. The automatic port mapper feature isn’t guaranteed to work with all router models.

johnny_swindle
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@johnny_swindledowngrading will not help. What exactly happens when you try to connect?

It say server can't be found. My not be the exact message.

Scott D

Also, in addition to port forwarding, make sure that you have assigned 192.168.0.9 to your emby server machine.  If the forwarding is pointing to a different machine (or no machine), you will not be able to connect.