Audio Tracks Not Updating

solidsnakex37
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

solidsnakex37

I've got a media file that contains 3 audio tracks, but Emby is only reporting 2 and I can't figure out why. I've performed a library scan multiple times, restarted my Emby container etc, but it's not showing. 

I am on the 4.7 stable release. 

If I inspect the media, you can see the 3 audio tracks, which I can select with VLC etc. 

The one that is missing is the AAC Stereo 2.0 track. I am not sure what to do?

Backstory: I process my media using FileFlows to create a compatibility track for movies, to limit the need to audio transcoding on some devices. It seem Emby doesn't recognize these changes, for whatever reason.
image.png.78ec9684728865de317cc00bb6d3b684.png

image.png.c01fa3a6973c6d88742978364ecb6aee.png

solidsnakex37

Update: 

I moved the media out of my movies directory, performed a library scan so Emby removed it, then moved it back to my movies folder and performed another scan, which now it shows all the correct tracks. This obviously can't be a permanent workaround/solution, so I'd still like to hear some ideas if anyone has any. 

image.png.5bbf781bff2d8ad8da8cd7050fc6fe48.png

• Solution

Backstory: I process my media using FileFlows to create a compatibility track for movies, to limit the need to audio transcoding on some devices. It seem Emby doesn't recognize these changes, for whatever reason.

Hi, if the normal library scan isn't picking up the change, then it sounds like the date modified timestamp on the file isn't changing from before. So you could manually refresh metadata on it.

solidsnakex37
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, if the normal library scan isn't picking up the change, then it sounds like the date modified timestamp on the file isn't changing from before. So you could manually refresh metadata on it.

Hey Luke! 

You are 100% correct. So in FileFlows I have the Replace Original File to "Preserve Dates" so that it doesn't reappear in "Recent Movies" in Emby. This seems to be making it so Emby doesn't know a change was made. 

I worked around this by adding a new tool that touches the file, but doesn't modify the creation date and now Emby is scanning the change. 

Would the "Scan Metadata Folder" task fix this, or is that something different? 

Would the "Scan Metadata Folder" task fix this, or is that something different?

Please read the help text underneath the scheduled task and tell me why you think it would help. 

solidsnakex37
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Please read the help text underneath the scheduled task and tell me why you think it would help. 

Well it mentions to run the task if I've modified the contents of the internal metadata folder directly, but I don't know what that is so if I were to connect that to what I do know (editing the files metadata directly), I wondered if that would help detect the changes. 

I thought the "Refresh Metadata" option on the item itself just refreshed metadata from the internet, which is also stated on the library option itself.

TLDR: My thinking is this

Refresh Metadata on Emby Item - Refreshes metadata from the internet (if assuming it's the same as the library option below)
image.png.39db16f5bcda7ddb63daa38c961e9a1b.png

Library option to refresh metadata - Refreshes metadata only from the internet?
image.png.a275b3d1a44d0b1ddfd1de654ea14dce.png

So yeah, I was hoping there was a scheduled task outside of the 30 day library option to just update the local metadata by chance. 

Refreshing metadata manually on the item, yes you found it.

So yeah, I was hoping there was a scheduled task outside of the 30 day library option to just update the local metadata by chance. 

Not needed because we already have the normal library scan for this. It detects changes by comparing timestamps.