Emby identification issue

mechguy
Go to solution Solved by mechguy,

mechguy

I am having a large numder of identifcaiton issues on shows. When I manually identify with the exact text in the folders name I get a match with the first show every time.

I have named the show as they are named in my preferred metadata provider with the quality in [ ] e.g. "show name [1080p]".

Even when I copy the entire name including the contents of [ ] into the manual identifcation it correctly matches with the first hit so why does the library scan not match up?

This isn't a case of incorrect identifcation but a failure to do so at all.

Edited by mechguy

mechguy
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI there, can you please provide a specific example:

Thanks.

A show with the folder name "Aldnoah.Zero [1080p]". Matches perfectly when manually searched with this exact text. I am having this issue with about 50% of my library.

Edited by mechguy

OK, please attach the emby server log from when that was first imported:

If you don't have that anymore, then please provide the emby server log the next time it happens, along with the example in question. Thanks.

mechguy
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK, please attach the emby server log from when that was first imported:

If you don't have that anymore, then please provide the emby server log the next time it happens, along with the example in question. Thanks.

Server log attached, it seems to be searching the show correctly ignoring the contents of [ ].

Edited by mechguy

mechguy
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you sure that's from when it was first imported? That looks more like a metadata refresh.

I forced an import by removing and readding the show, is this sufficient?

embyserver.txt

• Solution
mechguy

For anyone that comes accross this, I ended up switching from TVDB to TMDB for identification and refreshing metadata.

• Thanks 1