Media Center volume OSD

heula

Is there a registry setting that prevents the osd of the volume? I don't use the internal volume since I use exernal volume and everytime a theme video starts this volume osd info pops up and I don't like that.

MCE%20Volume%20osd.jpg

Edited by heula

CWNashvegas

This should work:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\VolumeDisplay

Change the value of the key: DisableVolumeDisplay to 1 and reboot.

• Like 1

This should work:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\VolumeDisplay

Change the value of the key: DisableVolumeDisplay to 1 and reboot.

Thanks!

Well it does not seem to work since I still see the volume osd. It should be the hexdecimal that needs to be changed right?

CWNashvegas

Well it does not seem to work since I still see the volume osd. It should be the hexdecimal that needs to be changed right?

Ha. You are correct. I was thinking that it worked the same way as the other WMC OSD registry tweaks (I thought I'd even used it before) but it does not. After much trial and error on my part, it seems this cannot be disabled, despite the oh-so-perfectly named reg key. 

Sorry. :( And there seems to be no way around it either, as it's tied to system volume rather than application volume, which is why you're seeing it. So anything sent to your audio device that could be interpreted as a change can cause it to show. Do you have any dynamic processing or the like turned on that would be starting when a theme video plays?

Ha. You are correct. I was thinking that it worked the same way as the other WMC OSD registry tweaks (I thought I'd even used it before) but it does not. After much trial and error on my part, it seems this cannot be disabled, despite the oh-so-perfectly named reg key. 

Sorry. :( And there seems to be no way around it either, as it's tied to system volume rather than application volume, which is why you're seeing it. So anything sent to your audio device that could be interpreted as a change can cause it to show. Do you have any dynamic processing or the like turned on that would be starting when a theme video plays?

No problem. Only thing I can think of if I understand correctly what you say is that ac3filter becomes active.

CWNashvegas

No problem. Only thing I can think of if I understand correctly what you say is that ac3filter becomes active.

What's your audio hardware setup? I don't have ac3filter installed, but the only thing I can think of is the output gains, if you're running a speaker setup off the sound card. If you're passing through to a receiver, it shouldn't be hitting your system volume at all. 

What's your audio hardware setup? I don't have ac3filter installed, but the only thing I can think of is the output gains, if you're running a speaker setup off the sound card. If you're passing through to a receiver, it shouldn't be hitting your system volume at all. 

I will uninstall ac3filter to see what happens then.