Paid for unlock but still unable to view media

Dillon97

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try to play?

Dillon97

It comes up with the message “media not supported please purchase unlock or subscribe to emby premiere” I have made the purchase twice with money being removed from my account 

35 minutes ago, Dillon97 said:

I have made the purchase twice with money being removed from my account

Hi.  Amazon will not allow you to purchase the same in-app item twice in the same account.  Did you make the purchase on the device on which you are trying to play?  What happens if you click on "Restore Purchase"?

Dillon97

Three registered purchases there, when I click restore purchase (of unlock) it’s says it’s hasn’t been purchased 

IMG_1776.png

Hi.  See the messages that say "closed due to lack of payment"?

I think maybe those are related.

17 minutes ago, ebr said:

Did you make the purchase on the device on which you are trying to play?

Dillon97

Those were yesterday, I had a card set as my default that wasn’t allowing this type of purchase but have since changed to another card which has been charged 3 times 

34 minutes ago, Dillon97 said:

which has been charged 3 times 

My guess is that you are seeing temporary authorizations.  Amazon doesn't give us much visibility into these transactions (technically, the purchase is from them, not us) but I know for sure that Google does not allow the same in-app item to be purchased multiple times.  I'm pretty sure Amazon is the same.

Again, 

42 minutes ago, ebr said:

Did you make the purchase on the device on which you are trying to play?

Dillon97

I made the purchase through pop up suggestion on my firestick, just got confirmation email to my Amazon account, it just seems Amazon hasn’t communicated the purchase over to my firestick 

Dillon97

Looking on my banking app, the money has been taken 3 of the countless times I have tried to unlock 

7 minutes ago, Dillon97 said:

I made the purchase through pop up suggestion on my firestick

Did you complete the purchase entirely on that device or did it direct you to do something on your phone or other device?

2 minutes ago, Dillon97 said:

the money has been taken 3 of the countless times I have tried to unlock

Again, I'm sure you're seeing temporary authorizations with the duplicates.  They should clear up in a day or so.

Dillon97

There was no follow-up after I clicked purchase it came up with a message briefly stating (from memory) “oops! An error has occurred and your purchase is taking longer than usual, we will email you when we have processed your payment” and not long after is when I received the email I have attatched earlier 

Try restarting the device and then clicking the "Restore Unlock" button.  If that doesn't work, please contact Amazon and let us know what they say.

Dillon97

So I have been refunded for all attempts to unlock, still without access to my emby though, same thing just keeps happening when I attempt to unlock the media 

23 hours ago, Dillon97 said:

So I have been refunded for all attempts to unlock, still without access to my emby though, same thing just keeps happening when I attempt to unlock the media 

Okay, that's what it looked like was happening.  I believe this is an issue with your payment setup in Amazon.

Dillon97

Thanks for all the help! Do you have any inclination as to what it may be? Seen this before perhaps? I had been suggested that mug her be the issue and to delete my cards from Amazon and then re-add them but it has been to no avail