Video playback pausing every few seconds/local playback

Mayoko185
Go to solution Solved by Mayoko185,

Mayoko185

Starting last night all my android tv/android devices suddenly cant playback some videos (tried on a old Chromecast, Chromecast w google tv, onn android tv box & and my phone all skipping/stopping), where the playback just pauses every 5-15 seconds. Playback in Emby web app - chrome/windows seems fine both wired LAN and WIFI on my laptop. To be clear my WIFI is NOT the issue here I can direct play the file via SMB on both my phone and my windows laptop no issues but playing via Emby/android app pause/studder-ville... Everything (all client devices/server) has been rebooted at least once.

Oddly enough remote playback is fine, if I take my phone off WIFI the file direct plays no issues or stuttering. However if I re-connect to WIFI/restart the emby app play the same video it pauses every 5-15 seconds again. 

embyserver.txt

Mayoko185

no, in both cases either via remote or local/lan-wifi its direct playing. On my phone at least its a consistent pausing every 5 seconds when trying to play locally. 

Screenshot 2024-01-17 132956.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 132520.png

Mayoko185

Im trying to figure out how to get logs on my phone at least as I can reproduce the issue every time. However I enabled debugging in the settings but doesnt look like a log is being created when a video is played?

To clarify when trying to play locally on the following tested clients chromecast (the old one w/o gtv), 4k chromecast w google tv, 4k onn tv box, my phone and two other roommates phones (all android) video studders/stops every 5-15 seconds and is unwatchable. Same file played via SMB on my phone/Laptop no issues. However same video played remotely playback is normal.

That said local playback via chrome/windows and a Nvidia shield seem fine.

Mayoko185

Okay figured out how to get the logs off my phone also got a sever log w playback with debugging enabled. Id rather PM if I can as these logs as looks like they all have my domain listed except the local playback log which ill attach.

Attached the local android playback log though since that doesn't have my domain in there

android_log_local.txt

Edited by Mayoko185

• Solution
Mayoko185

Okay yall can ignore this thread figured I it out... one of my mesh wifi hubs were acting up (never had this issue before and ive had them for a couple of years) figured out all the devices that were having issues were connected to the same wifi hub. Rebooted that hub and all is working again. With wifi 7 around the corner maybe time to look into an upgrade lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1